Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 (4/28/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Have you installed firmware 2019.12.1.1?

• Total voters

Arktctr

Country
Country
Ya, it looks like 2019.8.6.3 84f1ada only has a few installs. I think its a new release and was probably drowned out in the summary view by all the 12.1.1 chatter.
12.1 brought an issue which limits charging to 9amps. 12.1.1 now and the issue remains. Spoke to Tesla SC who said there was an update on deck and they are going to try to push tonight. Will see what’s next.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got 2019.12.1.1 (got it this morning) coming from 2019.7.105.

On 2019.7.105 I didn't have Sentry mode and while I had NOA I didn't have the option for not confirming automatic lane changes nor did I have the option to automatically enable NOA.

With 2019.12.1.1 I gained Sentry Mode and the option to automatically enable NOA but I still do not have the option for not confirming automatic lane changes.

Everything worked fine this morning but on my drive home from work today the right stalk would do nothing for me. No basic cruise, no TAAC, and no autopilot.

The lane lines showed up but no speed limit sign, no cruise speed, no steering wheel.

At a stop light I put it in park, disabled autosteer (which disabled NOA). I then drove to the next stop light and put it in park and re-enabled autosteer and NOA. Everything worked as normal from then on.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

On 2019.7.105 I didn't have Sentry mode and while I had NOA I didn't have the option for not confirming automatic lane changes nor did I have the option to automatically enable NOA.

With 2019.12.1.1 I gained Sentry Mode and the option to automatically enable NOA but I still do not have the option for not confirming automatic lane changes.

Everything worked fine this morning but on my drive home from work today the right stalk would do nothing for me. No basic cruise, no TAAC, and no autopilot.

The lane lines showed up but no speed limit sign, no cruise speed, no steering wheel.

At a stop light I put it in park, disabled autosteer (which disabled NOA). I then drove to the next stop light and put it in park and re-enabled autosteer and NOA. Everything worked as normal from then on.
This could be a big data point knowing you had 7.105. So you've got a new car and likely FSD HW. Some speculation we might have different SW releases until they could merge them if any real differences. This could show they can already merge to a single release or it could be part of the reason they pulled 12.1.1 who knows. Significant however that you went from 7.105 to 12.1.1. Consider adding a line in your signature with your car information if you would, include for us that you have the FSD HW. That could be interesting and meaningful over the next month or two with some of these new software rollouts and changes.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This could be a big data point knowing you had 7.105. So you've got a new car and likely FSD HW. Some speculation we might have different SW releases until they could merge them if any real differences. This could show they can already merge to a single release or it could be part of the reason they pulled 12.1.1 who knows. Significant however that you went from 7.105 to 12.1.1. Consider adding a line in your signature with your car information if you would, include for us that you have the FSD HW. That could be interesting and meaningful over the next month or two with some of these new software rollouts and changes.
Will do on the signature!

I'm assuming that others (perhaps that was HW2.5) have NOA with the option of not confirming automatic lane changes right?

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

That might just be the autopilot cameras and system recalibrating after an update. Obviously the stalk had to work or you wouldn't have been able to put it in drive in the first place.
Although I think you get an error message that it is unavailable normally.

sduck

Country
Country
I spoke to Tesla they said this release also buggy, they will stop rolling out will release another one to fix them.
Tesla's been dead since 1943. I suspect whoever you talked to doesn't know the whole story, as it continues to roll out as fast as ever.

I was just notified by Tesla that 12.1.1 has a problem and all updates to this version have stopped on the M3. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to some of the features. They are now saying the latest update is 8.6.
Are you two the same person? They haven't stopped the update.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No Model 3's have gotten this update for several hours now, only S & X.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone else seen the headlight icon turn blue? Perhaps that's the headlights turning on as a failover if day/night can't be determined?
Or maybe they've tweaked how highbeams are displayed?
The high beams were always a blue headlight icon displayed right next to the green headlight icon.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That might just be the autopilot cameras and system recalibrating after an update. Obviously the stalk had to work or you wouldn't have been able to put it in drive in the first place.
Although I think you get an error message that it is unavailable normally.
True. But what I meant when I said the stalk wasn't working is that when I tapped it down once (or twice) while driving it did nothing. It didn't even tell me that TAAC or Autosteer were unavailable.

Also, I had normal functionality in the morning after applying the update so I don't think it was a camera calibration issue.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've only had the one small quirk that I mentioned above and it was easily resolved. Everything else appears to be working well for me on this build. The biggest improvement I've noticed is that automatic lane changes (when on Autosteer, not NOA) are MUCH quicker and efficient than the prior version.

I'm still seeing the same horrific lag when resuming from a stop though. The acceleration is far too slow leaving me 5-6 car lengths behind the car in front of me so I almost always end up jamming my foot on the gas to get caught up. I had a really frustrated driver behind me this morning as I was trying to be patient and let the car do its thing. I really hope they address this in future releases.

rsf

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On 12.1.1 I have a bug where the audio volume increases when shifting to reverse.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was on 2019.8.3 and called my SC for 12.1.1
They told me it isn't rolling out due to an issue.
I tried to convince the guy that 12.1 stopped but 12.1.1 is out per this and other sites.
He said all 2019.12's stopped but we see that is not the case.

The latest he could push to my M3 LR was 8.6.1, said no choice for anything later.
Added auto lane change w/out confirmation and the 5% power increase.
Auto lane change without confirmation worked well in the rain last night and even appreciated that it moves to the right lane when it doesn't need to pass anyone.

Wonder if I will ever see 12.1.1

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was on 2019.8.3 and called my SC for 12.1.1
They told me it isn't rolling out due to an issue.
I tried to convince the guy that 12.1 stopped but 12.1.1 is out per this and other sites.
He said all 2019.12's stopped but we see that is not the case.

The latest he could push to my M3 LR was 8.6.1, said no choice for anything later.
Added auto lane change w/out confirmation and the 5% power increase.
Auto lane change without confirmation worked well in the rain last night and even appreciated that it moves to the right lane when it doesn't need to pass anyone.

Wonder if I will ever see 12.1.1
If the rollout has stopped, I wouldn't force the issue. Chances are you don't want it. I've not seen (in my 6 months of ownership) this large (40% on TeslaFi) of a rollout stop, but it most definitely has for M3's.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
While I understand the need to provide language choices now that they are shipping outside the US, one peeve for me is that the language choices were put more centrally on the display settings screen than others which we are likely to change more often like Energy Display. Language settings in my opinion is something one is not as likely to change after selecting it once. Some of you may disagree LoL.

View attachment 25485
Just like "walk away lock" option (which I always switch off at home) is last in line on its particular page, so one always has to a roll down to the bottom of the locks page.....

Repeat rant: I wish walk away lock could be automatically disabled at home base, triggered with homelink use.