Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 (4/28/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.12.1.1?

• Total voters

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm just speculating, but it looks like they may have made some adjustments to the traffic display. After updating last night, I didn't have any traffic avatars showing on my display for about the first 10 minutes of driving to work. I don't think the lane markers were showing either but I can't remember for sure. After about 10 minutes, the lane markers and other cars started popping up on the display. I wonder if the system was recalibrating after the update due to some changes. There wasn't enough traffic this morning to gauge whether or not there was any improvement in the behavior of traffic avatars, but I'll keep an eye on it.

evannole

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they pulled the update, I got the notification and was going to wait until tonight to install it, but now it's gone the AM.
705 installations so far today on TeslaFi, including many, many Model 3's, with several within the last hour.

I installed this one last night. EAP seemed a bit better behaved than it was on 2019.8.5, with more natural acceleration and deceleration. At one point it got confused for about a tenth of a second as an exit veered off from the right lane, but it corrected itself before I had to override it.

My LR RWD's interpolated 100% range is still in the low 300s. Maybe I will try running the battery down to 10% or lower and back up to 100% to see if I can get it to recalibrate itself. I tried that earlier this week but only took it as far as 17%; perhaps a deeper discharge was needed.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I never got the loud warning, just the mild one that appears just above the odometer card area.
I was having the same problem. Put in a service request they sent a mobile service tech to replace my left repeater camera after they said they were still seeing the fault. My car is currently at a service center and they are replacing the whole computer, harness, and anything else that comes up.

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In another thread I posited that the lane next to the HOV lane is being treated as the passing lane for vehicles that legally cannot use the HOV lane for passing.
Yeah, I'm familiar with that behavior as well. But when an upcoming lane change pops up to leave the passing lane, it can be definitively cancelled with one tap. Also, that never pops up when there's a car immediately on your right. The situation I'm talking about doesn't care about any of that. It's a malfunction. A misinterpretation.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The backup camera starting out black was much more of an issue for my car with this release. Multiple times yesterday it took more than just the second or so to come alive that it occasionally did on 2019.8.x. A few times yeasterday it was between 5-10 seconds, and when backing into tight spaces with traffic around, where it would be most useful and don’t have 10 seconds to wait for it.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Streaming radio is broken for me after updating last night. One song plays and then always stops on the next song with a loading error.

Update:
Reset (holding down steering wheel buttons) seems to have resolved the issue. Those having issues, I suggest trying a reset.

Last edited:

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's unfortunate. It's now uploaded to 40% of the TeslaFi fleet of Model 3's. That's pretty significant for them to roll back on.
So far it’s been very stable for me. Backup cam is immediate now vs 5 second delay on 8.3. My update came with the FSD I ordered a few days prior to getting the update. AP seems fine. I tried Auto parallel park today. It was hit and miss. It hit he curb bit missed the rim
Phew!

MRinPDX

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While I understand the need to provide language choices now that they are shipping outside the US, one peeve for me is that the language choices were put more centrally on the display settings screen than others which we are likely to change more often like Energy Display. Language settings in my opinion is something one is not as likely to change after selecting it once. Some of you may disagree LoL.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was just notified by Tesla that 12.1.1 has a problem and all updates to this version have stopped on the M3. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to some of the features. They are now saying the latest update is 8.6.

DennisP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I experienced several bugs during a drive from Phoenix to Tucson today. The streaming radio stopped/skipped randomly, HD radio quit, autopilot had various quirks - rebooted, didn't fix. Waiting for the next update....

TomT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Tesla app told me that I had a new version cued for install this morning but when I went to the car it had disappeared. It also disappeared from the app so clearly it was pulled back... I'm currently on 2019.12.

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Multiple reports on this thread of Tesla saying 12.1.1 has been halted due to bugs. Also many reports of updates being offered and then disappearing before install. Also multiple reports of bugs! So that's all consistent.

And yet TeslaFi is still showing a high rate of installs. Is there some kind of lag for when TeslaFi knows about an update? Or some other explanation for the discrepancy?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Multiple reports on this thread of Tesla saying 12.1.1 has been halted due to bugs. Also many reports of updates being offered and then disappearing before install. Also multiple reports of bugs! So that's all consistent.

And yet TeslaFi is still showing a high rate of installs. Is there some kind of lag for when TeslaFi knows about an update? Or some other explanation for the discrepancy?
It's still rolling out to S/X at a rapid rate, but Model 3 installs have slowed to a trickle since this afternoon. If they are indeed slowing the rollout due to a bug, it's possible that it could be specific to the Model 3.