Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29 (4/28/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Have you installed firmware 2019.12.1.1?

• Total voters

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have used TeslaFi since July 2018. Sleep was great until my install of 8.5. Not sure why some folks have success and others don't on sleep with 8.5. But I have seen posts commenting that sleep has been a problem since installing 8.5.

Once, when I had both TeslaFi and an Android app running, the Model 3 wouldn't sleep. But once I deleted the app, everything went back to normal. Tesla appears to acknowledge the sleep issue in their response that all will be fixed in an upcoming update. I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones with this update.
I find it strange that some people on xxx firmware have no problems with sleep, and others can’t get their car to sleep at all. I’ll check back tomorrow after the first night on 12.1.1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Technician pushed this update down to me this evening for my HW3.0 Model 3 (purchased 2 weeks ago).

This version finally enables Sentry mode for Model 3s with HW3. Was on 2019.7.105 prior to this (actually updated to 105 this morning).

Technician said it had JUST come out for HW3.0 when he texted me 2 hours ago.

Joaquin

Country
Country
Technician pushed this update down to me this evening for my HW3.0 Model 3 (purchased 2 weeks ago).
Ugh, this reminds me that for several months we are going to have updates for hw 2.0 and 3.0 separately... keeping track of updates just became more complicated...

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait, what?
There is no such thing as FSD yet. Supposed to be ready by the end of the year.
I think he's saying that he purchased the FSD upgrade option, and received the confirmation message on his screen right after installing 2019.12.1.1. Others who purchased FSD post-delivery have similarly reported not seeing the confirmation message until the first firmware update after adding the FSD option.

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That request for update button is going to generate some great stats:
- times button was pressed immediately after an update
- times pressed per day/hour/minute/second by same user
- times update issued without button pressed while update was available for days/hours/minutes/seconds
- times area around button was pressed resulting in no action
- times service told owner to press it to fix mechanical issue
- times service told owner to press it to fix sw issue
- times self destruct count down displayed after 50 presses in one day

Alighieri256

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
- times update issued without button pressed while update was available for days/hours/minutes/seconds
Yeah, it'll be the new F5, for those who were having withdrawals. Something tells me it won't really change your position in the lottery. They probably put it in there with zero underlying code. Kinda like the "door close" button in an elevator, which is often purported to be a dummy button to give you the illusion of control.

pyrotech6

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

This version finally enables Sentry mode for Model 3s with HW3. Was on 2019.7.105 prior to this (actually updated to 105 this morning).

Technician said it had JUST come out for HW3.0 when he texted me 2 hours ago.
Thanks for the info. I’m just curious, what is your VIN (approximately)? I’m just about to pick up my car, and I want to try and find out if I will be getting HW3.0.

Thanks,
Tim

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have used TeslaFi since July 2018. Sleep was great until my install of 8.5. Not sure why some folks have success and others don't on sleep with 8.5. But I have seen posts commenting that sleep has been a problem since installing 8.5.

Once, when I had both TeslaFi and an Android app running, the Model 3 wouldn't sleep. But once I deleted the app, everything went back to normal. Tesla appears to acknowledge the sleep issue in their response that all will be fixed in an upcoming update. I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones with this update.
Slept all night last night.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quick observations: Passenger seat heater still being shut off on its own; first time ever, the auto park function went live inside my garage.
Thank you! Was coming here to ask about this.

This happens every drive. I'll turn on the seat heater for my wife, put the car in reverse and by the time the garage is closing the seat heater has turned itself off. Passenger side only. Every time I shift into gear (drive as well as reverse) without fail... or should I say every time WITH fail?

#firstworldproblems

EDIT: Note that this also happens in my wife's Model S, so it is definitely the firmware and not vehicle specific.

Last edited:

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait, what?
There is no such thing as FSD yet. Supposed to be ready by the end of the year.
Right but my Tesla account let me order FSD. I had AP, the update gave me NOA, Summon etc. On my account web page it says Full Self Driving. Elon claims FSD will be “Feature complete by the end of this year “. Stay tuned on that one.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Right but my Tesla account let me order FSD. I had AP, the update gave me NOA, Summon etc. On my account web page it says Full Self Driving. Elon claims FSD will be “Feature complete by the end of this year “. Stay tuned on that one.
For those coming from the new feature set “AP”, FSD brings you to parity with those of us with EAP. with the actual FSD features ‘coming sometime in the future”. Tesla having renamed and rearranged the features has caused a communication issue for sure, and not for the first time involving AP.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For those coming from the new feature set “AP”, FSD brings you to parity with those of us with EAP. with the actual FSD features ‘coming sometime in the future”. Tesla having renamed and rearranged the features has caused a communication issue for sure, and not for the first time involving AP.
Thanks Mel.

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope one day Tesla implements this button.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Thank you! Was coming here to ask about this.

This happens every drive. I'll turn on the seat heater for my wife, put the car in reverse and by the time the garage is closing the seat heater has turned itself off. Passenger side only. Every time shift into gear (drive as well as reverse) without fail... or should I say every time WITH fail?

#firstworldproblems
In other news (which I will also post at the 2.5 thread), 12.1.1 NOA still:
  • hugs the left side of the lane,
  • takes at least two seconds to think about actually starting a lane change (to pass),
  • does not know how to match speed and merge onto (HWY 401) without me stepping on the accelerator, and
  • keeps the turn signal on if I force a lane change to pass someone (only way to cnx the signal is tap stalk in opposite direction).

Country
Country
I'm not liking this "bug fix update" so far.

The LTE signal seems to be much weaker now and the car loses the signal all the time causing the music streaming to stop.

The car simply refused to go into Drive this morning. It seemed to be stuck, because after I pressed D multiple time, then Park then D trying to make it react they all activated in quick succession and I got a bunch of bells and warning messages at once. Then shortly after while I was driving to work the screen partially froze (speed indicator locked at 1 mph, not sure if the navigation system was updating) and I had to do the 2-button reset to get it back to life.

I also had to do the 2-button reset yesterday hoping to restore the LTE signal, but it didn't help much.

All in all, I've noticed more issues the last 24 hours than I have over the last 3 months. It's never a good idea to rush two software releases so quickly back to back. It means Tesla didn't really put much QA into insuring that the "bug fixes" didn't have undesirable side effects and caused a regression.