Firmware Build v9.0 2018.50.6 4ec03ed (1/18/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you get firmware 2018.50.6?

• Total voters

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FYI, according to TeslaFi, there appears to be a push from 48.12.1 to 50.6 underway this evening, starting around 8pm EST. This follows a smaller group updating from 48.12.1 to 49.20 earlier today.
Confirmed and found this weird as I see 49.20 had rolled out to a few cars earlier, but just got 50.6 on the RWD in the last 20 minutes. No love for the AWD yet, but thinking I may go give it a reboot, just because I think weird events might trigger it.

I also suspected we might be getting 50.6 because it's gotten a bit colder down here last weekend and another front tonight. Or it might just simply be time Tesla has decided to roll it out.

Edit - before I could get to the garage - AWD just got SW update notification. Both cars within 45 minutes or so. Will go see if there are any release notes.
Edit 2 - Nothing new in the release notes. Same as previous.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Model 3 just received the update 2018.50.6 4ec03ed. I am in Southern california. My first time seeing a CAR receive a software update :)!

Car's headlight turned on and off a couple of times, a loud whirring noise from somewhere in the car for about 30 seconds and some other weird noises later my car is showing latest update.

Not sure what changed though, isn't there a change log published somewhere?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure what changed though, isn't there a change log published somewhere?
when first starting the car after an update, there are release notes on the screen. you can also get to them by tapping the "T" then "release notes" at the bottom of the page, after the FW version.

congrats on the first update!!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Annoying question, so feel free to ignore, but I was able to go from 46 to 50.6 tonight (finally an update) Anyone know what might have gone on between these releases aside from fart mode and being able to preheat specific seats?