Firmware Build v9.0 2018.44.2 3b2a5c3 (11/21/2018)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Reported on the same Model 3 in Nevada that was the first to report installing 44.1 and the first with 44.0 as well.

Sure seems like a Gigafactory employee or someone else with very early access to new firmware.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just installed. Can't wait to see what the cold weather improvements are. I hope they have fixed Regen on winter tires but suspect they haven't yet.
Same here, looks like a bunch of little improvements :)

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just came from 42.4. Was updated over LTE, I have not been on WiFi since yesterday around 7:15 am. Wonder if there is some safety fix or the cold winter improvements are causing the push out on LTE.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got it here in Boston as well, coming from 42.3. Seems like they are pushing it to the snow belt. Great timing, as it is currently 16 F here...

Release notes include Climate, Cold Weather Improvements, and Mobile Access.

EDIT TO ADD: My driver's side window was frozen when I opened the car to check the release notes. Whatever "window position" change is included in this release either did not help with that particular issue, or does not apply until you open and close the door for the first time *after* installing the update.

Last edited:

Trevlan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like it is being pushed to everyone for those winter controls on the window and handle. Nothing else major but still got to love Tesla looking after us

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, this update seems to have screwed up my charge port. After it finished (car was plugged in, not charging) app said "charge cable may not be plugged in correctly" I went outside, and unplugged the cable, and when I plugged it back in, it wouldn't latch. Tried a couple more times, same thing. I'll try a reboot.

Dr Gez

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it may be wishful thinking but just went for a drive and felt the Regen on winter tires seemed better. Will need to try it more tomorrow to see if it comes and goes again like it has been since the winter tires

Dr Gez

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, this update seems to have screwed up my charge port. After it finished (car was plugged in, not charging) app said "charge cable may not be plugged in correctly" I went outside, and unplugged the cable, and when I plugged it back in, it wouldn't latch. Tried a couple more times, same thing. I'll try a reboot.
I had the same warning after the update but once I unplugged and plugged back in all seemed fine.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine also downloaded without a wifi connection. It must be a pretty small update if they're not trying to wait for wifi.
Install still took some time.

Edit: I think it is a normal update but pushed fast to try to prevent cold weather emergency calls.

Last edited: