Firmware build v9.0 2018.42.1 71c3542 (10/25/2018)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

beastmode13

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got my car back from SC for steering wheel adjustment. Notification on screen, new SW update available. Currently on 39.7, let’s see what it will be in 20 or so minutes.

G0GR33N

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone also just posted to FB that his "update" notes included the ability to a use a key fob purchased from Tesla and that Regen braking has increased to increase driving experience and the amount of energy returned.
Could you please send a link to that FB page? I'd like to be part of it too... but, there are just so many :)

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could you please send a link to that FB page? I'd like to be part of it too... but, there are just so many :)
It's the "Tesla Model 3" page. I belong to that one and "TESLA MODEL 3 Owners Club". The screenprint on the Facebook page was identical to what JWardell posted above.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not expecting much in the way of an overall efficiency improvement due to increased regen. I barely use the friction brakes as it is, so I don't think there's much more energy to be recovered.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not expecting much in the way of an overall efficiency improvement due to increased regen. I barely use the friction brakes as it is, so I don't think there's much more energy to be recovered.
There's no technical reason why you couldn't regen as hard as you can accelerate. You might have some cleaning of the dashboard to do, of course...

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's no technical reason why you couldn't regen as hard as you can accelerate. You might have some cleaning of the dashboard to do, of course...
Sure, but I'm saying that doesn't help your efficiency much unless you regularly brake like that. When you slow from 60 to 0 without using the friction brakes you're theoretically capturing the exact same amount of kinetic energy whether you slow down quickly or gradually using regen. There may be secondary efficiency differences at the different charge rates, but I wouldn't expect those to be significant.