Firmware build v9.0 2018.39.7.1 2f570bc (10/19/2018)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

OrangeJulius

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Issues with this version...so far...

1. Despite NOT authorizing the "Enhanced Autopilot Trial", its "Software update in progress"* screen appeared and couldn't be closed. It sat covering the navigation map most of the day, even while being driven. Later, after the car was garaged for about an hour, it finally went away.

2. The owner's manual pages have stopped showing any content. Topics can be selected, but no actual information gets displayed, just a blank area where it should appear.

3. "Browser" will not open any web pages; no matter what URL is entered.

Edited to add that the Release Notes are ALSO showing a blank page.

*Also read "Please leave the car in PARK and release the break pedal. This may take a minute", which WAS done, but had no effect.

Attachments

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
1. Despite NOT authorizing the "Enhanced Autopilot Trial", its "Software update in progress"* screen appeared and couldn't be closed.
Autopilot software doesn't get updated separately from the vehicle software.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Issues with this version...so far...

1. Despite NOT authorizing the "Enhanced Autopilot Trial", its "Software update in progress"* screen appeared and couldn't be closed. It sat covering the navigation map most of the day, even while being driven. Later, after the car was garaged for about an hour, it finally went away.

2. The owner's manual pages have stopped showing any content. Topics can be selected, but no actual information gets displayed, just a blank area where it should appear.

3. "Browser" will not open any web pages; no matter what URL is entered.

Edited to add that the Release Notes are ALSO showing a blank page.

*Also read "Please leave the car in PARK and release the break pedal. This may take a minute", which WAS done, but had no effect.
Did you interrupt an update before it finished? Have you done a two button reset?

hdgmedic

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Have had this version for 2 days and have no problems.
Dashcam automatically starts recording upon starting vehicle. No problems with corruption (gray X), thus far. Browser works just fine. No issues with media player. No issues with map rendering. Have a lot of driving today. So, will update if anything untoward is noticed.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the same issue as orangejulius. I am at version 2018.39.7 9736c9b but for the past two days, my screen has this Enhanced Autopilot Trial Software update in progress message on the screen. Car still runs fine but update seems to be stuck. Always connected to wifi when parked in garage at night.

Attachments

hdgmedic

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

jmmdownhil

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just received 39.7.1, was at 36.2. (Got the notice for the previous mass update to 39.7 when I was out of town and like others it disappeared from the screen by the time I returned to the car)

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It looks like they are rolling out 39.7.1 in large numbers to the remaining 3's on 36.2. About 15% of the 3's on Teslafi. I bet tonight or tomorrow the remainder of us will get it.

Edit: Got it this morning.

Last edited:

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
32.7 -> 39.7.1 today! Woohoo!

@Kizzy I have AWD Black.
Ordered on 10/10 and got it delivered on 10/19. I was flipped how flipping fast my car got to me.
Interesting. My AWD was also delivered with 32.7 (back in September) and I went to 40.1 from 36.2.

Another question that comes to mind is on how often they update the software that comes on the car from the factory.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interesting. My AWD was also delivered with 32.7 (back in September) and I went to 40.1 from 36.2.

Another question that comes to mind is on how often they update the software that comes on the car from the factory.
Yeah they don't rollout updates all at once like we are used to. I come from a mobile engineering background, and from my experience there have been times where I would only test on a small number of devices to verify things work before pushing out to the masses. This may or may not be the reason why Tesla does this.