Firmware Build 2019.16 28e1f16 (5/10/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you gotten it?

• yes

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • no

Votes: 201 94.8%

• Total voters

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Release notes for 2019.16 were posted last night:

It has not yet appeared on TeslaFi or for anyone I know of.

[Original Post in Lane Departure thread]
Release notes show this feature is arriving with 2019.16:

[MOD NOTE: please limit comments in the FW threads to conversation directly related to the features of the release. "got it" and "want it" posts will be removed without notice. Please instead use the voting buttons above to show you have or have not installed this]

Last edited:

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some Sentry Mode improvements are coming in 2019.16:

No option to download it from inside the car, even though i'm connected to wifi. I wonder if anybody has gotten that feature to work yet?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Release notes show this feature is arriving with 2019.16:

Dangit - we are all going to have to work again, no sitting in the car pressing the button to get a SW download. Looks like you are now going to be able to automatically opt in to be on the bleeding edge w/ "Software Update Preferences". Set it up to get it as soon as it possibly can be for your car.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually overall looks like .16 is going to be nice. It'll likely bring all of the last 3 months of releases together and fix all the bugs too, while introducing the next set of features to work through.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No option to download it from inside the car, even though i'm connected to wifi. I wonder if anybody has gotten that feature to work yet?
If you're referring to the "software" settings screen, it will only tell you when a firmware update is ready for your car. It will not (yet) let you request the latest update for your car.

We also don't know yet whether this will be a beta release exclusive to members of the Early Access Program, or whether it will be a general release to the public. Although we've heard some murmurs that 2019.16 will be an Early Access release, the fact that we're seeing on-screen release notes (rather than emailed release notes) make me think it could be public.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm going to start a place holder where discussion can happen on this release. Several threads already have some conversation. We can discuss here, but when the release actually hits we may still start a new clean thread for true discussion of feedback and bugs, if any.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a friend who works as a Tesla service tech and they said they got this release for testing. It's not in wide release yet, likely in the EAP

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a friend who works as a Tesla service tech and they said they got this release for testing. It's not in wide release yet, likely in the EAP
OK, so that makes me think 2 - 4 weeks of EAP (and other groups) testing before a wide rollout. We might see it sometime in early to mid June?

Also no reference to enhanced summon in those notes? Which makes me feel like ES will come out in a later build, probably early July for a wide rollout.

I wonder if HW3 cars will get the same release, or will they have a separate firmware version going forward?

Last edited:

Chris350

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
EAP releases normally do NOT contain any release notes....

So, it appears to be a general release that has trickled out...

Now that the majority of owners are sitting on 12.1.2, it would be time to move to the next version...

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, so that makes me think 2 - 4 weeks of EAP (and other groups) testing before a wide rollout. We might see it sometime in early to mid June?

Also no reference to enhanced summon in those notes? Which makes me feel like ES will come out in a later build, probably early July for a wide rollout.

I wonder if HW3 cars will get the same release, or will they have a separate firmware version going forward?
Most of HW3 are on 12.1.2 already with the other HW levels, so I would assume that they must follow pretty much with the same FW.
Unless there is very specific for them, which will branch out them for a few releases until it gets merged again.
Main branch applies to pretty much all cars from S, X and 3 with no Autopilot to Autopilot FSD HW.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Most of HW3 are on 12.1.2 already with the other HW levels, so I would assume that they must follow pretty much with the same FW.
Unless there is very specific for them, which will branch out them for a few releases until it gets merged again.
Main branch applies to pretty much all cars from S, X and 3 with no Autopilot to Autopilot FSD HW.
It's actually not 100% consistent even within the same firmware. I (THINK) I have a HW3/FSD vehicle and I'm on FW 2019.12.1.2. However, I do NOT have the option for no confirmation lane changes while on NOA. I have everything else except for this option.

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's actually not 100% consistent even within the same firmware. I (THINK) I have a HW3/FSD vehicle and I'm on FW 2019.12.1.2. However, I do NOT have the option for no confirmation lane changes while on NOA. I have everything else except for this option.
That is the point I made. You are in the same Firmware even though you are not the same HW level. Features only show up based on capability of the HW.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP no one I know in the early access program has it yet.
@Chris350 is right, in the past early access released did not have release notes

Probably just in limited release to employees and VIPs, and someone was nice enough to leak screenshots.
Hopefully .16 starts to trickle out in a few more days.

Also note there is still no mention of Enhanced Summon.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have any of us shared the instructions on how to pull the platic panel under the glovebox? :):cool::p I will find those later. We need to have you dig in to your car for that confirmation !! I know that @LUXMAN has them documented in his post about changing that light in the footwell.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have any of us shared the instructions on how to pull the platic panel under the glovebox? :):cool::p I will find those later. We need to have you dig in to your car for that confirmation !! I know that @LUXMAN has them documented in his post about changing that light in the footwell.
I've seen mention of it. I haven't gotten up the nerve to do it yet though. As long as it's just popping off a panel I'll do it but if I have to touch any wiring... NOPE! LOL!

But I will say that my car is following step by step with those that have confirmed they have HW3/FSD. Started with the same firmware and the migration path to 2019.12.1.2 was exactly the same AND none of us have the no confirmation on NOA option.

So I'm about 99% certain that I'm HW3/FSD. Happy to remove the panel and snap a picture if it's a pretty straight forward process. Just let me know!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen mention of it. I haven't gotten up the nerve to do it yet though. As long as it's just popping off a panel I'll do it but if I have to touch any wiring... NOPE! LOL!

But I will say that my car is following step by step with those that have confirmed they have HW3/FSD. Started with the same firmware and the migration path to 2019.12.1.2 was exactly the same AND none of us have the no confirmation on NOA option.

So I'm about 99% certain that I'm HW3/FSD. Happy to remove the panel and snap a picture if it's a pretty straight forward process. Just let me know!
Here you go courtesy of @LUXMAN https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/the-adventures-of-ruby-woo.6292/post-145818

You can see once the panel comes off how close you are to the computer.