Firmware Build 2018.26.1 62e5afa (7/20/18)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok
I just got a new update
Can confirm lock confirmation sounds :)
That is pretty cool and I’m going to go out on a limb and post in this thread. I just got a software update but I’m not at home and don’t have the car with me. Just sucks but will be home in a couple of hours. If you got 26.1 we need a new thread and hoping that is what I have waiting at home as well.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
26.1 has already hit 8 model 3’s on Teslafi. Looking big.

Last edited:

Justmurr

Country
Country
I just got it (26.1) about an hour ago and have been playing with summon ....so cool.
Love how the mirrors stay folded during summon since that’s where I was mostly concerned with my garage.

Love the lock confirm sound too... the subtle little [beep] of the horn.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So if I’m taking delivery on Wednesday, what firmware should I expect on it?
Could vary widely. Currently the latest is now 26.1, if you don't have that I think it would be within your right to ask for the latest at delivery. (Note - if they find problems it could get pulled or updated between now and then.) Once delivered you become part of the pool, early testers, wide release, etc. you never know when you'll get it, but a new car at delivery I'd ask for the latest. I'd think there is a good chance that inspection and cleaning of your car before delivery they would get this on for you.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could vary widely. Currently the latest is now 26.1, if you don't have that I think it would be within your right to ask for the latest at delivery. (Note - if they find problems it could get pulled or updated between now and then.) Once delivered you become part of the pool, early testers, wide release, etc. you never know when you'll get it, but a new car at delivery I'd ask for the latest. I'd think there is a good chance that inspection and cleaning of your car before delivery they would get this on for you.
Thanks! How would I request the latest? Do it before hand or when I get there?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd check when I get there - it will be at the bottom of your app screen, if it isn't 26.1 I'd just ask.
Okay. I wasn’t sure how long the update takes so didn’t know if they’d do it during delivery.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One quick first note. I'm watching the car connection to my network with Fing and the Wifi/MAC address is registered to LG Electronics, so they built the Wifi portion at least if that matters to those bit heads that are digging into the details.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
So if I’m taking delivery on Wednesday, what firmware should I expect on it?
Agree with @GDN that if your car isn’t delivered with 26.1, they can push it and you can install it when you get home. @JWardell had this situation when he picked up his car earlier this week but as you see, updates are a continual thing.

In fact, 26.1 has already hit almost 6% after only a few hours so it definitely looks to be a wide release. More than half of Model 3 owners are still running 21.9 and an unlucky 3% are still on 18.13!

a1ec14e4-21b6-42c9-a425-5dd77b0c9525-jpeg.11832

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@iChris93 I would just ask is this 26.1 you will also see it on the app on your phone and when you touch the Tesla logo on your screen

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I asked my ISA before delivery to please have the latest software installed before I picked it up. It never hurts to be proactive

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m glad you can turn this on or off. I usually like it off, but with walk away lock, more times than not I am looking back to see if the mirrors folded so maybe I’ll like it on. I don’t have it yet and I’m not on Teslafi.