Firmware build 2018.20.5 Oe38763 (6/1/18)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Azthrillhouse

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
why...why is the trip card still formatted so badly? you can see about 50% of the numbers at the bottom! It really annoys me because with a simple change, it would easily show the first 2 trip meters completely instead of cutting off the numbers at the bottom!
you're right, they wouldn't have to do anything other than reduce the margin above the Trip A label to bring everything up a little so that it doesn't cut off, and that wouldn't reduce usability or clarity. maybe next update.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mishakim

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
why...why is the trip card still formatted so badly? you can see about 50% of the numbers at the bottom! It really annoys me because with a simple change, it would easily show the first 2 trip meters completely instead of cutting off the numbers at the bottom!
Are there more trips (C, D, ....) below? If so, it's probably intentional, to draw your attention to the fact that you can scroll down. If it displayed all of B (and none of C), you might not realize there was more.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@mishakimI just went out to checked for you I didn't see a new way to make trips or any more trips available.
Also I'm not sure what that last screen does that's a clear version of my model 3

PQ3

Country
Country
Yes. There are more trip entries and an odometer if you scroll past all of them. It may be intentional, but I don't think it's necessary. If you use more trip displays, you know about them and will scroll...if you don't know about them, you won't care...until you read the manual to find out where the odometer is... :)

Are there more trips (C, D, ....) below? If so, it's probably intentional, to draw your attention to the fact that you can scroll down. If it displayed all of B (and none of C), you might not realize there was more.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@PQ3 I thought they were referring to multiple trips besides the typical a/b I haven't seen any new ones besides those or were you speaking about something else?

PQ3

Country
Country
I don't remember how they got there, but I do have C & D trip entries below A & B and above the odometer display. I may have created them when I first took delivery...can't remember.

@PQ3 I thought they were referring to multiple trips besides the typical a/b I haven't seen any new ones besides those or were you speaking about something else?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
This update is going out pretty fast to the fleet. Also, TeslaFi Model 3 subscriptions are increasing quickly. They're up to 175 total Model 3s registered and this version has been installed on 35 of them - Exactly 20%.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't have that available sadly I just tried again maybe I'm missing a step

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got the update about Noon today. Can confirm it's the same. i am not on TeslaFI. I had read that there was some additional vampire drain with it, besides call me paranoid, but I don't need yet another 3rd party gathering information on me. Tesla already does that.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So, hadn't heard that they were slower than the stated 5.1s 0-60, but rather they were slower than the experienced 4.6/4.8 second 0-60, which was historically faster than reported performance. So, I don't think it's that people are not getting what is specification from the manufacturer, but rather they are having something apparently taken AWAY that was beyond the spec the company communicated.
I have the decreased acceleration issue. I posted it in the last firmware thread.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...18-13-6a8a06e-5-25-18.7026/page-3#post-106267

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the decreased acceleration issue. I posted it in the last firmware thread.
https://teslaownersonline.com/threa...18-13-6a8a06e-5-25-18.7026/page-3#post-106267
I haven't timed it, but I do believe it's slower off the line than it was when I picked it up. Do we have another iPhone-gate here where Apple indiscriminately slowed down phones without telling anyone? A ploy to spur P sales? I would seriously consider a P if it wasn't $18k. Even with 20" wheels and a carbon fiber spoiler, that's quite the premium.

slasher016

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I haven't timed it, but I do believe it's slower off the line than it was when I picked it up. Do we have another iPhone-gate here where Apple indiscriminately slowed down phones without telling anyone? A ploy to spur P sales? I would seriously consider a P if it wasn't $18k. Even with 20" wheels and a carbon fiber spoiler, that's quite the premium.
There's no way it's an intentional change, would be way too bad a press on a car they've only realized a small number of sales (as a percentage of reservations.)

ahagge

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't have any pre-2018.20.5 measurements to compare it to, but I took my Model 3 to a piece of level ground and ran a couple of 0-60 runs using this Android app. First run was 4.99 seconds, second was 5.00 seconds. Pretty consistent and both were below Tesla's time. No rollout, AFAIK, so the times can't be compared to Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc. I'm satisfied.

ahagge

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't remember how they got there, but I do have C & D trip entries below A & B and above the odometer display. I may have created them when I first took delivery...can't remember.
I think you'll find these are the "Since <time>" (aka since last started) and "Since last charge". These only track these metrics, they're not arbitrarily configurable.