Finland

Gabzqc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Reservation holders in Finland this is our thread!

Reservation placed online on April 2nd, living Herttioniemi, Helsinki, Finland

What options are you considering? of course winter package!

Toni

Country
Country
I had to cancel my reservation, leasing price was too much ~980€ / month and no towing hitch available.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I had to cancel my reservation, leasing price was too much ~980€ / month and no towing hitch available.
Toni, weren’t you waiting for the SR, that was bound to be less expensive, by the end of the year...?

Toni

Country
Country
Toni, weren’t you waiting for the SR, that was bound to be less expensive, by the end of the year...?
Yes, I was waiting for SR model, but according to sales person, it’s expected price is about 50k€ (with EAP), so even that lease price will be somewhere 600-800€ month. I have already other lease car (van), so need to get overall expences in some sence if two cars. Decided to take time-out for this and let’s see if one single electric car would do both needs (towing hitch), maybe Model Y, to be seen...

BostonPilot

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Is it illegal in Finland to add a hitch if the car wasn't originally offered with that as an option? (like this one)? It's my plan to add one to my M3P+... I have to tow my motorcycle occasionally...

MikkoJ

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
What options are you considering? of course winter package!
Looking at:
LR, AWD, Blue/Black, 18" aero, pup, eap, Nokia all season R3 aero.

Other options:
PPF for the whole frontal + some coating stuff... Ceramic pro 9h+ or without +. Maybe normal ceramic and light.

What do you guys think about the ppf and other protections? They do cost a bit, so I'd expect to last several years.

Luckily there's still time to research.. :grimacing:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking at:
LR, AWD, Blue/Black, 18" aero, pup, eap, Nokia all season R3 aero.

Other options:
PPF for the whole frontal + some coating stuff... Ceramic pro 9h+ or without +. Maybe normal ceramic and light.

What do you guys think about the ppf and other protections? They do cost a bit, so I'd expect to last several years.

Luckily there's still time to research.. :grimacing:

The same kind of Tesla setup is coming to me as well. :)

I think you meant Nokian R3 winter tyres? All seasons tyres are different kind of.

What comes to coating, I’ll prefer that. In my driving conditions in the winter times, salt is everywhere. I have warm garage and when that salt *hit dries to the surface of paint, it need quite strong detergents in order to get car cleaned with minimum effort.

Waxes can’t stand strong detergents, coating does (at least much longer) and make it much easier to keep your car clean.

This time I’ll going to try Gtechniq Exo + Crystal serum light ceramic coating. Ceramic Pro 9h is also very good product but I think it’s only sold to Detailing companies. I am doing coatings and paint finishing to my cars from the hobby basis.

I don’t have any experience of PPF.

MikkoJ

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

I think you meant Nokian R3 winter tyres? All seasons tyres are different kind of.
This time I’ll going to try Gtechniq Exo + Crystal serum light ceramic coating. Ceramic Pro 9h is also very good product but I think it’s only sold to Detailing companies. I am doing coatings and paint finishing to my cars from the hobby basis.
Not 100-sure how my tyres translate.. google translate came up with all seasons... in Finnish it's in my order page: "18'' Nokian kitkarenkaat ja Aero-vanteet"
Oh and over the phone the support rep confirmed R3..

Thanks for the info/tips on coatings, and congrats on your upcoming Model 3! :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, Finnish language is not the most easy one to google translator… all season tyres are not so common in Finland but somebody might have such.

I think “non-studded winter tyres" are the closest translation to Finnish “kitkarenkaat” and "studded winter tyres" equals with “nastarenkaat”.

But anyways, Nokian R3 tyres are coming to my Tesla as well. I have now Nokian R2 winter tyres with both of my cars and I am happy with those. Let’s hope R3 are better or at least not worse than R2.

I got call this week from Tesla personnel and my car delivery is going to be postponed one week what I was originally notified. Still suppose to come in March but let’s see.

What comes to price reduction of Model 3, I hope I don’t have to cancel my order and re-order car with FSD. Need to contact with Tesla personnel next week and ask how they going to handle this situation. Luckily I have read from this forum that Tesla suppose to compensate at least if delivery of car is not happened yet.

Hämppä

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

What comes to coating, I’ll prefer that. In my driving conditions in the winter times, salt is everywhere. I have warm garage and when that salt *hit dries to the surface of paint, it need quite strong detergents in order to get car cleaned with minimum effort.

Waxes can’t stand strong detergents, coating does (at least much longer) and make it much easier to keep your car clean.

I don’t have any experience of PPF.
I got my M3 last week with Nokian R3 and everything works great. Still need to arrange home charging somehow. I have no experience about ceramic coatings but maybe it makes sense. How about Korrek Pro Ceramic TFC? Would it be a good choice? Anybody having any experience of good expert shops in Helsinki area to make the job? And should it be done immediately on a new car?

Gratefull for any advice.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice to hear that you have liked your car and Nokian R3 :)

I still need to wait for next week to get my car. I bought Tesla Wall Connector and it’s installed and now just waiting for to get some action…

I have only 3x25A main fuses in my house / garage. I wanted TWC in order to be able to charge my car with lower amperes without disturbing any other heavier electrical usage. But if there’s some occasional needs for more faster charging it can be easily set from the car (raise to 3x16A charging). UMC which comes with M3 is just one phase cable.

I think Tesla Wall Connector has quite reasonable price if compared with other similar products. There might be cheaper ones but mostly those are much more expensive (at least what you can buy from Finland) than TWC.

There is no compulsory need for doing ceramic treatment right away. Sooner the better in that sense that there’s possible lesser scratches come from washing etc. to the surface of car’s paint.

What actually counts / important, is that varnish of paint will be polished carefully before coating. And there comes easily differences between detailing shops. Some might do that phase fast and not so well, and other might takes more time and make it carefully. But in general, newer the paint surface is, the amount of needed work is lesser then.

Coatings itself won’t make scratches disappear and your car’s paint shining. It’s quite common that even paintings of new cars are not perfect. There might has come some damages during transport or even from manufacturing line.

Korrek Pro Ceramic TFC is not so durable as other ceramic coatings. Korrek recommends re-treatment after 4-6 months. Normally, ceramic coatings suppose to last much longer, about 36-48 months (or longer).

I don’t live in Helsinki area and unfortunately I don’t know detailing shops (which are good and bad ones).

Hämppä

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks lowbero. I am also aiming at TWC in a covered parking lot but so far dont know what capacity is possible (building of 14 appartments). Hopefully more than 1x16A.

Maybe I should consider other options in addition to Korrek for ceramic coating. It makes easier to find the service center as well.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, once you get electrician there, he can tell your options. Let’s hope you could have there 3x16A source / output.

If you have there already traditional home schuko -socket, it’s recommended to charge from that socket with 8A current for a long time (if appropriate fuse). In Finland (SESKO, Electrotechnical Standardization in Finland ) recommendations says that 16A usage from schuko socket should limited for 2 hours. Old sockets which necessarily are not in so good shape, might overheat too much.

From red industrial CEE and blue so called caravan socket, you could charge with 16A all the time. But TWC can be installed to use only 1-phase (1x16A) as well.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hämppä,

about that coating stuff / products, there's also more durable coating version of Korrek product line.

KORREK Pro Ceramic TFC Cure is about to last even five years.

Those product names are so close to each others.

But I don't have any own experience about Korrek coating products.

Hämppä

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my TWC installed with full 3x16A. Very convenient! Some neighbors had load concerns but relaxed hearing that Tesla can manage load and timing. Any house peaks should be easily solved. Now possible to optimize charging for the battery well-being (whatever it means).

My battery phantom drain seems quite high, maybe some % per night. Hopefully only because of cold weather... Any ideas how to reduce that?

The next challenge is coating. I'll report having done all the mistakes.