Financing?

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Am I reading the Tesla sight correctly? I read that they're offering financing at 72 months at 1.49%. If that is true, it is killing anything any bank or credit union can do here in Georgia (if anyone know of one, please point me in the right direction). Can someone confirm this that has bought a car with Tesla financing recently? I sure hope this is right.

Dan

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am I reading the Tesla sight correctly? I read that they're offering financing at 72 months at 1.49%. If that is true, it is killing anything any bank or credit union can do here in Georgia (if anyone know of one, please point me in the right direction). Can someone confirm this that has bought a car with Tesla financing recently? I sure hope this is right.

Dan
Likely a special to help boost sales on S/X.

On Model 3, I believe most are reporting a rate of 2.79% through Tesla.

My local credit union is currently at 2.04%.

Any way you look at it — money is cheap right now!

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Likely a special to help boost sales on S/X.

On Model 3, I believe most are reporting a rate of 2.79% through Tesla.

My local credit union is currently at 2.04%.

Any way you look at it — money is cheap right now!
What credit union? Mine is at 2.25%.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My credit union is 1.99% but only for 36 months. A 72 month loan is around 3.5%. That's why I was shocked when I saw 1.49% for 72 months.

Dan
Tesla is subsidizing the rate for S & X buyers to help drive sales. The banks aren't forgoing interest to be nice, they're just getting the money from someone else.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My credit union is 1.99% but only for 36 months. A 72 month loan is around 3.5%. That's why I was shocked when I saw 1.49% for 72 months.

Dan
my CU has 1.9% also, but on 39 months. BUT they have extra percentage discounts for a few different things (that all I can remember off the top of my head now is autopay and an EV discount) So it would be worth asking if they offer additional discounts on top of the standard rates.