Financing your Model 3 (rates & all) - NA data

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So you can pay interest on taxes and DMV fees :rolleyes: .

Sadly I can't join DCU, but am able to join techcu due to company affiliation :) .
I understand that you might not be eligible to join TechCU due to company affiliation but for DCU I remember you can donate $15 to some organization to be qualified to join. That is what I did 2 years ago.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand that you might not be eligible to join TechCU due to company affiliation but for DCU I remember you can donate $15 to some organization to be qualified to join. That is what I did 2 years ago.
True, but no need. I don't finance taxes or DMV fees, or have less than 80% equity in anything that depreciates.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so far DCU seems to be the best option for those that can't join TechCU. I saw there's an organization that you can join for $10. Do you have to join the organization within a certain amount of time before signing up for DCU or can you just pay the 10 bucks, join the organization and immediately sign up for DCU? Are there any other places that offer better than 1.99% for 60+ months?

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was going to pay cash, but money is so cheap (48 months @ 2.27% in San Diego at California Coast credit union), I decided to finance some with them...
I'll take some cash if you don't need it! jk!!!! :p

36 months is 1.78%. I wouldn't wanna see the monthly payments on 36 months though ;-)

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As low as 2.79% APR for 72 months at Inspirus Credit Union. The application can be handled entirely online. You need to live or work in Washington state to join.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so far DCU seems to be the best option for those that can't join TechCU. I saw there's an organization that you can join for $10. Do you have to join the organization within a certain amount of time before signing up for DCU or can you just pay the 10 bucks, join the organization and immediately sign up for DCU? Are there any other places that offer better than 1.99% for 60+ months?
Ever find out what the process and timeline is for DCU?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Expecting to get my VIN assigned this week and then will likely apply via Tesla, Patelco (bay area… not expecting a great outcome here), DCU, TechCU, and maybe one or two others. Will post what the process is like and what rates are offered.
Call me confused, because I thought you were in the January - March estimated range?

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Expecting to get my VIN assigned this week and then will likely apply via Tesla, Patelco (bay area… not expecting a great outcome here), DCU, TechCU, and maybe one or two others. Will post what the process is like and what rates are offered.
Thanks! That'll be great info! I keep wondering if the hassle of going through an outside finance company will be worth the .75% rate difference. I figure it is cause that could translate to $40+/month.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! That'll be great info! I keep wondering if the hassle of going through an outside finance company will be worth the .75% rate difference. I figure it is cause that could translate to $40+/month.
Speaking only for myself, filling out an online form is definitely worth saving around a thousand bucks. Pays for a second mobile charger, a Quick 220 converter, and a roof shade :) .