Financing your Model 3 (rates & all) - NA data

shartesla

Country
Country
what are the best finance rates and from which banks?

I used aliant when I bought my X. At the time, they had some sort of deal or partnership with tesla.

Who is giving the best rates now?

Daniel D.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Most people tend to get the best auto loan rates from their local credit unions. For example, one of my local credit unions in South Florida is offerring 2.25% for auto loans up to 72 mo. Most national banks probably hover in the high 2% or low 3% range for loans of that length.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Most people tend to get the best auto loan rates from their local credit unions. For example, one of my local credit unions in South Florida is offerring 2.25% for auto loans up to 72 mo. Most national banks probably hover in the high 2% or low 3% range for loans of that length.
Daniel which CU down here are you seeing at 2.25%?

Thanks in advance!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My personal CU (Columbia CU) has had 1.99% for 39mo for the last year or so, and the best of any of the CUs local to me that I've checked.
Columbia also have a number of discounts to take points off the base percentage (EV being one!) but not sure if 1.99 is the floor, or if that rate is discountable.

probably the largest CU in WA is BECU and they are at 2.49. A few around Portland: Rivermark is 2.99, OnPoint is 2.39 (36mo), Advantis 2.99 (39mo), Unitus 2.59 (36mo), SELCO 2.50...

Daniel D.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
did you see they also have a 'Green' rate (for cars with 28MPG or better) starting at 2.0% for up to 84 months?
I think that was the quote I received. Once you get to 60 months and greater, the rate jumps to 2.25%. I will have to confirm that.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Suncoast Credit Union. I called them to confirm all terms and rates. They can lock it in for 60 days.
Bummer looks like they’re only in Central Florida and not South Florida. Also they may have a 2.00% rate for you. I saw something about savings for driving green.

Daniel D.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Bummer looks like they’re only in Central Florida and not South Florida. Also they may have a 2.00% rate for you. I saw something about savings for driving green.
Well the entire application is online. You never have to step foot into a branch. I confirmed this with them. They require direct deposit and auto debit, which is typical of most banks to receive the lowest rate.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well the entire application is online. You never have to step foot into a branch. I confirmed this with them. They require direct deposit and auto debit, which is typical of most banks to receive the lowest rate.
I’ll double check it mentioned you have to be in the “x” number of counties they serve but it doesn’t indicate which counties.

Thanks again!

EDIT: great news while they don’t serve my county, I’m eligible as Florida University alumni!!

Daniel D.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Yep thats what I see. I know that go to at least 72 months. I may just send a email and ask them to make sure.
That credit union is has special requirements to join. Make sure you read these before you attempt to apply.

Gatornail

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you graduated from a Florida college/university you qualify to join.
Actually, I think that you have to be an alumnus of Florida College (a specific school in Tampa) not just any Florida college. :(. That’s a bummer because I graduated from the University of Florida. Go Gators!