Financing check for too much

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ER1C8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I received a Pro Forma MVPA from my ISA. I sent this to my bank and they approved the loan. I put down the $3,500 and was planning on putting down another $3,500 for taxes and registration. So my bank cut me a check for $57,000. My ISA just emailed me and said i would not be paying sales tax or registration fees when I pick the car up because I am registering in another state. That means my financing check will be made out for more then my final balance by about $500. Is this going to be a problem when I go to pick up the car? Will they just credit me back the extra amount or will they refuse the check. My bank is closed so I can't call them yet to see if the check has already been sent but I think it has and it is arriving tomorrow.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I received a Pro Forma MVPA from my ISA. I sent this to my bank and they approved the loan. I put down the $3,500 and was planning on putting down another $3,500 for taxes and registration. So my bank cut me a check for $57,000. My ISA just emailed me and said i would not be paying sales tax or registration fees when I pick the car up because I am registering in another state. That means my financing check will be made out for more then my final balance by about $500. Is this going to be a problem when I go to pick up the car? Will they just credit me back the extra amount or will they refuse the check. My bank is closed so I can't call them yet to see if the check has already been sent but I think it has and it is arriving tomorrow.
others have had tax and/or registration fees quoted too high, and had that amount refunded by Tesla issuing a check in the week or two following the sale. so would expect it may be the similar in your case. If you are able to notify your bank of the correct amount prior to the check being cut, that would be best though.