Finally Test-Drived (sort-of) a ModelS

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi all!
Before Saturday, I had never sat in a Tesla.
My friend had a ModelS Test-Drive schedulled and I joined him as a passenger.
Long story short:
It was ModelS 75D with bare minimum equipment that now includes Air Suspension.
No leather seats and I really loved the fabric of the seats in the back.
And the profile of the seats too.
They seem to hold the passenger better now than on previous versions.
Loved it !
I really don't need the Premium Leather seats on my Model3 if they are like these..

PS: he's really thinking about changing to a ModelS or even an X.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really don't need the Premium Leather seats on my Model3 if they are like these..
Hopefully the base Model 3 interior includes the same textile fabric for the seats, but Tesla has yet to announce anything.

And just a reminder - Tesla no longer uses leather for any of the seats in any of their vehicles. The leather-like material is actually a synthetic.

Gilberto Pe-Curto

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
By the way,
the idea of this post wasn't to talk about ModelS experience, but to mention the "supposed" fabric seats on the ModelS that will go to Model3
Just to clarify that.
But no one seems to be interested... :)

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
By the way,
the idea of this post wasn't to talk about ModelS experience, but to mention the "supposed" fabric seats on the ModelS
Just to clarify that.
But no one seems to be interested... :)
My wife has the fabric seats in her S, she really likes them a lot better than the faux leather. Even the faux leather can get hot in the sun and cold in the winter. I never notice because...pants. She notices when she wears a dress or maybe some pants that are thin material and she really doesn't like it, she's complained in my car about it.
One certainty though is that they are nice, quality seats. If anyone has a concern about going with fabric versus the faux leather (whenever the fabric might come available), I would say, don't worry. If they're anything at all like the S, they're going to be great.