FINALLY Ordering!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was in the first 5 minutes of online reservations, 55 minutes before the webinar keynote started up. I've been waiting a long time.

I got the "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order" email on Feb 28, 2018. But I decided I needed to wait until we had bought our new home and had a chance to see how the finances shook out.

Then I decided I'd try to wait until the SR model was released.

Then they hit the production threshold.

So, now it's finally time to order. After a lot of back and forth in my mind over color, I'm going with white because when you black out the chrome the white looks gorgeous. I had originally wanted midnight silver until I saw one in person and wasn't thrilled. I saw the black which looks fantastic but black cars only look good when clean which lasts for about 12 hours here. So white it is.

Wheels will be standard because I think when you take off the aero caps they look better than the upgraded wheels. Autopilot is a no-brainer but no way am I buying the fully autonomous driving when I can't even be sure it will happen during the lifetime of the car.

I had stopped coming to these forums months ago when it was clear I was not getting my car any time soon, so I have a LOT of material to go digging through. One thing I'm unsure of - should I secure financing BEFORE placing my order, or do I do that once I have a delivery date? I do not know who I am going to use. I bank with Bank of America but I imagine their rates stink. San Diego County Credit Union seems like they're a good option but I'm not yet a member. Does anyone in San Diego have a better suggestion?

Now to go digging back through this site... wish me luck!

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Aaaaand just got the "your car will be ready next week" email. Okay then, I was NOT expecting that. I actually kind of wanted it to be further out! haha

Dinozero

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Wow. You were so excited yesterday but already ready to cancel your order today? That is a lot of emotional roller coasting in 24-48hrs.

Keep in mind some of us has had actual orders in for months. It’s definitely a slow and patient process.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wow. You were so excited yesterday but already ready to cancel your order today? That is a lot of emotional roller coasting in 24-48hrs.

Keep in mind some of us has had actual orders in for months. It’s definitely a slow and patient process.
That crap from them just REALLY pissed me off. I'd be much happier if it was a slow process if it meant having an adviser who actually responds!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That crap from them just REALLY pissed me off. I'd be much happier if it was a slow process if it meant having an adviser who actually responds!
Please realize that the advisers are completely overwhelmed with the number of people they have to support.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Please realize that the advisers are completely overwhelmed with the number of people they have to support.
I don’t care. That’s not an excuse to completely ignore me when I gave a specific issue that has to be resolved immediately. It would be different if I was just bugging him to ask questions.

Again, I guess all I can do is demand a manager contact me to have it resolved or just accept I won’t be getting my car on my delivery date. I’m completely at their mercy at this point.

back51

Country
Country
It’s not ignoring you when they have 100+ people and they’re going through their email and calls. They sent you an email, then they sent probably 20 more emails to other people, you responded, and now you kinda have to wait till they get to your email in their inbox.

This doesn’t even take into consideration phone calls to customers and emails/calls to Tesla employees tracking down the car. Have some patience, you should be okay.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It’s not ignoring you when they have 100+ people and they’re going through their email and calls. They sent you an email, then they sent probably 20 more emails to other people, you responded, and now you kinda have to wait till they get to your email in their inbox.

This doesn’t even take into consideration phone calls to customers and emails/calls to Tesla employees tracking down the car. Have some patience, you should be okay.
But, if I ask a very important, very urgent question multiple times and they just ignore your question it becomes very frustrating.

It doesn’t matter, the manager should be calling me on Monday to straighten it all out. My delivery is Friday and the profile has to be filled out 48 hours before then. And I’m not even applying for financing until they fix my profile. So I really hope for their sake they contact me first thing Monday.

back51

Country
Country
But, if I ask a very important, very urgent question multiple times and they just ignore your question it becomes very frustrating.

It doesn’t matter, the manager should be calling me on Monday to straighten it all out. My delivery is Friday and the profile has to be filled out 48 hours before then. And I’m not even applying for financing until they fix my profile. So I really hope for their sake they contact me first thing Monday.
If it’s in an email, how do they know it’s a very important, very urgent question until they get to open your email?

Maybe the quality of IDA I had was different than yours, but sometimes being nice when working with people helps the process out. The one small item my IDA made a mistake on was the state I live in cause I was his only Ohio customer. A quick simple email fixing his mistake and he quickly apologized for the mistake.

I’m just reminded of the simpsons, old man yells at cloud. Need to just relax a little and work nicely with people. It’ll help out.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If it’s in an email, how do they know it’s a very important, very urgent question until they get to open your email?

Maybe the quality of IDA I had was different than yours, but sometimes being nice when working with people helps the process out. The one small item my IDA made a mistake on was the state I live in cause I was his only Ohio customer. A quick simple email fixing his mistake and he quickly apologized for the mistake.

I’m just reminded of the simpsons, old man yells at cloud. Need to just relax a little and work nicely with people. It’ll help out.
They know because I’ve already said three times that there is a problem and all three times the reply didn’t address it. I think you’re confused thinking I’m being impatient waiting for a response. There have been responses, just not to the actual issue. It’s not like they haven’t seen it.

Either way as I said I expect a manager to be calling me Monday so it’s not really a problem.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
To clarify, imagine the following made-up conversation:

Him: what color car do you want?

Me: red. How much is the car?

Him; great I’ll have a red car ready for you next week. What day do you want it?

Me: okay. I’d like it on Wednesday. By the way, how much is the car?

Him: okay see you Wednesday.

Me: how much is the car?

Him: you need to bring a check for the full amount or your delivery will be delayed

Me: @$@$?@!”;%#$@&

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got a reply.
I’m here to assist with the scheduling of your Model 3 delivery appointment. Another Tesla representative will be reaching out shortly to assist with finalizing details on your order. My apologies for any confusion.
Okay then... you could have said that after the first time I asked for help... but sure as long as it gets sorted...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Okay then... you could have said that after the first time I asked for help... but sure as long as it gets sorted...
Yeah, unfortunately most current Tesla deliveries resemble chaos. They haven't yet figured out that customers just want a single point of contact - having people specialize in just one aspect of delivery is confusing, especially when that's not communicated to us customers ahead of time.

Most of my pending issues didn't get sorted until the day before I took delivery. Some still haven't been sorted. Interestingly, Tesla was happy to let me drive the car away without them actually receiving the payment from my loan company.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, unfortunately most current Tesla deliveries resemble chaos. They haven't yet figured out that customers just want a single point of contact - having people specialize in just one aspect of delivery is confusing, especially when that's not communicated to us customers ahead of time.

Most of my pending issues didn't get sorted until the day before I took delivery. Some still haven't been sorted. Interestingly, Tesla was happy to let me drive the car away without them actually receiving the payment from my loan company.
LOL yeah that’s likely going to be the case for me as well at this point.

It seems silly to have more than one person doing various things. That said, I never had anyone prior to the delivery advisor. I ordered my car and I had a delivery date the next evening. Apparently Tesla is now filling orders immediately on in stock models?

So if he had just said he’d have somebody else look into my issues from the get-go rather than skipping over my questions all the frustration could have been avoided. If he’s only got time to send me one email a day then he should probably answer ALL the questions in one go instead of making me ask multiple times!

I’m still upset that a manager hasn’t at least called me but I suppose in the long run it’s a matter of “just give me my car and **** off” and never have to deal with them again. LOL

back51

Country
Country
Just read your example, I never had that question with the IDA because the website and my Tesla account showed the price of the vehicle plus taxes. Also the IDA isn’t the finance guy and the one finance question I had my IDA directed me towards Tesla financing.

I didn’t get the final official price until MVPA was created.

But glad it all got worked out in the end.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just read your example, I never had that question with the IDA because the website and my Tesla account showed the price of the vehicle plus taxes. Also the IDA isn’t the finance guy and the one finance question I had my IDA directed me towards Tesla financing.

I didn’t get the final official price until MVPA was created.

But glad it all got worked out in the end.
I have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry. What’s the context?

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Your made up conversation = your example.

I can see why your IDA was ignoring you.
Okay then. I’m not sure why they were ignoring me. It’s not like I was asking anything about money or financing. Oh well, doesn’t matter now.

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got an email yesterday from a new person, who also has the Inside Delivery Advisor title. REALLY helpful, and even gave me her direct line for questions. Her name is Morgan. Why isn't everyone this nice and responsive?

I'm all set and ready to go. The website got fixed a few days ago (they manually selected cash payment and no trade-in for me, which at least allowed me to go in and change the payment option). I already added the Tesla to my insurance policy (effective on my delivery date) and so she asked me for a copy of the ID cards. Got an email back immediately from her.

I hope everyone gets Morgan as their IDA :)