Finally got it, Tesla Model 3 Unplugged Ascension Front Fascia (Bumper Cover), Love it!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm strongly considering getting this done to my red Model 3. I "dinged" the front of Nautilus, and am looking to take this opportunity to upgrade the front fascia. From what I can infer from this thread, @kizamebute' (the black car) had his retrofitted by Unplugged Performance themselves. @justaute , did you have yours done by a body shop in Utah? Out of curiosity, how many hours labor did they charge you? Unplugged Performance seems to indicate its a straight-forward retrofit, and an article from Teslarati states that the work takes roughly an hour (not including painting).

The shop where I'm going to have my work done is a Tesla-certified auto body shop. The Tesla Service Center where I took delivery of the car actually actually had this same body shop reblend the paint job on my hood and front bumper when I took delivery of the car in late 2018, since it wasn't quite right from the factory. My car was at the tail end of the Tesla Model 3 production ramp up and accompanying workmanship problems.

While the body shop have not done any Model 3 fascia upgrades from Unplugged Performance, they are familiar with the company, and have done four Model S front fascia retrofits (upgrading old-style Model S fronts to the new-style Model S front). They said that the Model S ones were a bit of a pain to get fitted, needing to "stretch" them tightly into place. They also said they had to do quite a bit of work sanding and finishing the panel edges to get it to look right. Based on their experience with the Model S facia, the body shop is conservatively estimating 10 hours of labor. They have offered for me to be there when they unpack the new fascia and do the initial fitting, and that labor may be less if it is a better fit than the Model S. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience on any of this.

P.S. The aesthetics are subjective, and I'm in the camp that I like it :).

Cookiebob

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
PSA: all fascia fit kinda wonky, so lower your expectations and you will be happy. Some shops spend hours on sanding and bondo. Some just paint and put it on as best as they can. So if you pay for a one hour paint and install job, just expect some strange seems. Trust me on this one.

Reactions: 1 person

Cookiebob

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You are supposed to email support@unpluggedperformance.com after you test fit before paint to consult them if you feel you need any sanding. Be sure to also immediately call during business hours so you can actually get a timely response! It’s easy to get ghosted. They say that some heat in the sun should restore shape and that all model 3s have varying degrees of imperfection, which cause fitment issues.

https://unpluggedperformance.com/installation-documents/model-3-ascension-front-fascia/

C4D1B57C-1850-4AEC-AFE0-1AB66D3AD4E9.jpeg

14D1A83F-D58D-4FE6-BB50-6ABAAC73EB55.jpeg
6FB71BDD-8D05-460B-B876-38013D291F8E.jpeg
D1E69228-613E-4023-B682-21A78C055307.jpeg

Last edited:

justaute

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@justaute , did you have yours done by a body shop in Utah? Out of curiosity, how many hours labor did they charge you? Unplugged Performance seems to indicate its a straight-forward retrofit, and an article from Teslarati states that the work takes roughly an hour (not including painting).

I did have a Utah shop do the installation. To be honest, I don't recall the number of installation hours. My initial quote was a set-price, which I checked with Unplugged for its reasonableness. My response probably isn't helpful. However, I am getting a new one installed because of a blemish. I can check with the installer.

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I did take the plunge and decided to have the Unplugged Performance front fascia installed, since the original front was going to be reworked and repainted anyway due to a ding I received.

I'm very pleased. A big shout-out to Connan's Paint and Body Shop in Zionsville, IN who did the work. They are a Tesla-certified body shop, and actually where the Indianapolis Service Center referred customers until they recently started doing minor body work themselves. I suspect the Service Center still sends the big jobs to Connan's. Connan's has recommended that I let the paint cure for a couple weeks before having the PPF reapplied.

Here is the end result:
20200805_173159.jpg

20200805_173142.jpg

20200805_173038.jpg
20200805_172918.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Also a couple photos of work in progress. Connan's did spend a lot of time on prep work prior to painting, to make sure it fit correctly with minimal panel gaps, and also getting a good, consistent surface. You can see the big hole where a front motor would go under the frunk. Nautilus is a LR RWD car.
20200720_093218.jpg
20200721_162041.jpg
20200721_162533.jpg
20200721_162526.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

IPv6Freely

Go Leafs Go
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I really wish this was the factory nose shape. I can't justify the cost on something cosmetic, but man it looks so much better.

garygazza

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any issues with the parking sensors or any other gadgets used for autopilot?? - I'd hate to mess up my self drive capabilities?

Cookiebob

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any issues with the parking sensors or any other gadgets used for autopilot?? - I'd hate to mess up my self drive capabilities?
The parking sensors don't sit flush.

Once in a while you'll get some false positives while parking and driving at low speeds. I haven't had any problems at high speeds.

When I'm off work I can send pictures.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.