Finally got it, Tesla Model 3 Unplugged Ascension Front Fascia (Bumper Cover), Love it!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

kizamebute'

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Never been a fan of Tesla's front end design language. I still preferred the Model S with the nose cone. Just personal taste. Tesla originally included the nose cone on the Model S to soften the blow for buyers not wanting an EV that looked weird or different as many do. The nose cone at least didn't shock people when looking at it. The X was supposed to have one too in the original designs. Then Tesla moved away from it, first on the Model X, with the S and 3 to follow. After now having established itself, Tesla wanted to differentiate itself from the "grille" look. My problem with it is they just removed the nose cone "grille", but left the flat spot where one would normally go on most cars, rather than redesigning the front end to not include any semblance of a grille space. For my personal taste, I think Unplugged Performance has hit it out of the park with their new nose / fascia. Was a long wait as they perfected the design, but well worth the wait. Thank you Unplugged, looks amazing. For me personally, this is what Tesla should have done to begin with.

Still not a fan of the headlights either, the nose helps as it breaks them up from the nose. Some love the smooth look of how the headlights seamlessly blend into the front of the car. Me personally, I like a little definition to break things up. Subtle with a bit of sportiness thrown in. A version of what "M" is to BMW or AMG is to Mercedes.

UPDATE 03/29/2019 - SEE FOLLOW UP POST REGARDING MY EARLY OPINION REGARDING IMPACT ON RANGE (APPEARS TO BE POSITIVE)

Unfortunately it poured rain yesterday and today, so photos aren't great. Will get the car washed this weekend and get some better photos.
new-nose-jpg.23647

lf-day-one-jpg.24067

UPDATE: GOT SOME BETTER PHOTOS OF IT:

left-front-corner-a-jpg.24070

left-front-a-jpg.24072

front-a-jpg.24071

left-front-2a-jpg.24069

Last edited:

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
It's pretty hard to see on a black car without lightening up the pictures a bit. But from what I can see, it doesn't appear to be an improvement to the stock nose - it looks less cohesive. But I guess it's an easy way to make a car that doesn't look like every other Model 3 out there!

kizamebute'

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Griff, correct, that price is not including installation. They are pretty reasonable on their installation charges. I also had them pre-paint it and gave it time to cure before installation.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks great! I have Unplugged Performance painting and installing my front lip spoiler. I was healthy contemplating adding the front fascia system. I still may in the future. We’ll see...

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is this part of the package where they claim greater aero efficiency from some body panels? I recall an article where they supposedly have a full 'kit' coming out? Less of a duck bill up front it seems..

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is this part of the package where they claim greater aero efficiency from some body panels? I recall an article where they supposedly have a full 'kit' coming out? Less of a duck bill up front it seems..
The package you are referring to includes 3 parts: 1)Front lip spoiler 2)rear spoiler 3)lowering springs. Personally I’ve installed both spoilers and held off on lowering due to the slope of my drive way.

Bernard

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Never been a fan of Tesla's front end design language. I still preferred the Model S with the nose cone. Just personal taste. Tesla originally included the nose cone on the Model S to soften the blow for buyers not wanting an EV that looked weird or different as many do. The nose cone at least didn't shock people when looking at it. The X was supposed to have one too in the original designs. Then Tesla moved away from it, first on the Model X, with the S and 3 to follow. After now having established itself, Tesla wanted to differentiate itself from the "grille" look. My problem with it is they just removed the nose cone "grille", but left the flat spot where one would normally go on most cars, rather than redesigning the front end to not include any semblance of a grille space. For my personal taste, I think Unplugged Performance has hit it out of the park with their new nose / fascia. Was a long wait as they perfected the design, but well worth the wait. Thank you Unplugged, looks amazing. For me personally, this is what Tesla should have done to begin with.

Still not a fan of the headlights either, the nose helps as it breaks them up from the nose. Some love the smooth look of how the headlights seamlessly blend into the front of the car. Me personally, I like a little definition to break things up. Subtle with a bit of sportiness thrown in. A version of what "M" is to BMW or AMG is to Mercedes.

Unfortunately it poured rain yesterday and today, so photos aren't great. Will get the car washed this weekend and get some better photos. View attachment 23647

Curious what the nose job does to the aerodynamics?
A strength of Model 3 (with the Aero wheels) is its incredibly good Cd coefficient. The very aggressive wheels probably hurt more than the nose job, but I'd expect both decrease the car's efficiency.

The chrome delete looks great with a black car.

I'll admit I prefer the original nose, which is a very original design, all in soft curves. The one by Unplugged is a very well done job, but too similar to older BMW 6-series M3 with that sharp break at the tip that does not echo the rest of the lines.

kizamebute'

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Bernard, With the long range version of the car, I'm not too concerned if I lose a few miles in range. Once I get some decent mileage on my normal trips, I'll get a better idea if there's any measurable difference. Not expecting to see anything noticeable. This has less face space (duck bill gone), but more aggressive features on the bottom of it, so probably a wash. But with 300+ miles in range, if that's knocked down even 10% (no way it's that big of a hit), I still have 270+ miles in range which gets me between any two superchargers in the country. I've had my car below 10% all of one time and that was only because I could. Didn't notice any difference with my wheels, but they're modeled after the Model S wheels, so I think they were designed with aero in mind. Unplugged is pretty good about not sacrificing performance or efficiency with their modifications. For now though, I can only speculate. Will post updates once I get some time on it. For me, car has plenty of range and this change was all about the looks. Similar to Performance Model or AWD Model buyers willing to sacrifice range for other gains.

kizamebute'

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Had a chance to do a common 90 mile round trip tonight. Have done the same trip many, many, many times, including on Tuesday, before the nose/fascia change on Thursday. The difference being, Tuesday's trip was during the day in temperatures around 75 degrees. That day, round trip, the trip meter reflected a use of 299 wh/mi. Additionally, on Tuesday, my AP speed was set at 77 MPH. Made the same trip tonight. Only this time, it was in the 50's and I was in a bit of a hurry with the AP speed set at 81 MPH. Naturally, expected the wh/mi figure to be higher due to the increase in speed and decrease in temperatures and it was.....The result, a whopping 301 wh/mi figure! Surprised me.

Given this is an example of just one, but my prior trips when I traveled closer to 80 MPH saw figures in the 315-320 wh/mi. So, to see it at only 301 was a pleasant surprise. It's obvious that the new fascia doesn't have the big duck bill / inflated upper lip. My personal thought was that the new nose, in that particular aspect, would be more aerodynamic. But, the lower half of the fascia is more aggressive. I guessed that it might give back any gains in this area. I also thought, possibly the big duck bill / upper lip was purposely there for aero purposes, possibly better deflecting air over the car? Based on today's result, would appear that's not the case. Tesla's Model S originally had a nose cone to simulate the look of a traditional grille. The Model X was supposed to have the same thing, but then they changed course and chose not to include it in the production version. However, clearly they did not redesign the nose shape. They simply removed the nose cone and left a flat space where a grille would normally go on ICE vehicles. If my results are at all accurate, then the flat face area of the nose on the S, X & 3 is actually hurting efficiency. And, possibly the lower fascia styling ques to the new fascia actually help better direct the air through the side vents and around the tires?

I've made many charts of electrical use on my long distance trips, so I could learn the car's tendencies and reduce my time spent at chargers. Over the next year, I'll be making the same trips and will get a better direct comparison. But, at least at first glance, it appears that the nose has not hurt the aero efficiency. Dare I say, it might even be better? As I previously noted, Unplugged Performance seems to care quite a bit about not sacrificing performance or efficiency in their products. Reading their website along with the very recent aero efficiency test they did, appears to indicate that they're looking for ways to improve it.

TomT

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I gotta be honest, I'm not a fan... If you are going for a different look, fine. If you are going for a "better" look, I think it misses the mark. And for two grand plus painting and installation, I think it is definitely a pass.

Gordon87

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The crease across the front reminds me of the front of the Tesla Roadster 2. I like it.

justaute

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I gotta be honest, I'm not a fan... If you are going for a different look, fine. If you are going for a "better" look, I think it misses the mark. And for two grand plus painting and installation, I think it is definitely a pass.
That's cool. To each's own. I happen to think this fascia is much more aesthetically pleasing -- especially the longer look.