Final payment on credit card?

Country
Country
Does anybody know if you are allowed to do your final payment for the car on a credit card? I’m planning on paying in cash but if I can put it on my credit card and get a few free airline tickets that would be amazing.

Audrey

SR3NTY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
no, you will need to wire the cash from your bank
There's no way to add ACH/wire into in my Tesla account. three funding sources: two ACH and one auto loan check. I input the loan info but have no way to connect the ACH payment information. Is this handled outside of the Tesla account?

UPDATE: I just got the following information from my ISA.
The payment portal will open up about 48 hours before your appointment (which we haven’t scheduled yet), but sometimes sooner. For third party, we’ll accept a cashier check on your delivery date. Otherwise, the bank has to mail it to us or wire the funds.

Last edited:

Audrey

SR3NTY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Followup: the payment portal opened for me today. I was able to input ACH information to transfer the balance remaining, other than my financing (my cash down payment), from two bank accounts. I could have done more accounts if needed; I don't know if there's a limit.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want to pay with cash and credit card, as I have done with other vehicles in the past. The Tesla rep says they do not do credit card (but gladly did for reservation). Is this person misinformed? Did anyone buy with part on CC?)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want to pay with cash and credit card, as I have done with other vehicles in the past. The Tesla rep says they do not do credit card (but gladly did for reservation). Is this person misinformed? Did anyone buy with part on CC?)
they do not take CC for final payment. you will need to do a wire transfer or check