Official Final Cybertruck design is done says Elon

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We finally got a tiny tidbit of info on the final design. It’s not much but it’s still pretty important

The way I read this is they will likely implement what they did for the Roadster

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We finally got a tiny tidbit of info on the final design. It’s not much but it’s still pretty important

The way I read this is they will likely implement what they did for the Roadster

That does not look very winter friendly. Probably not a lot of roadsters running around in the winter but cybertruck?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That does not look very winter friendly. Probably not a lot of roadsters running around in the winter but cybertruck?
I'm sure there will be a button on the app that you can press to pop it open as well.
And that would be very winter friendly, assuming they design it to break through any accumulated ice.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm sure there will be a button on the app that you can press to pop it open as well.
And that would be very winter friendly, assuming they design it to break through any accumulated ice.
Then I'd have to unzip my snowmobile suit?!?
I'm thinking it would be nice to not have to take off gloves to get in the car, sorry truck. Or need a crowbar if it doesn't pop open enough. Maybe on the truck you can just kick the door if its frozen? Or maybe you can just kick the door to have it open all the time? Toe underneath? I'll reserve judgement until I see the final design.

serpico007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Hopefully by then we have a watch app to unlock the doors. Sometimes having tech solutions is nice but analog solutions are not the worse thing ever. If things have worked well this long, no reason to remove it. Will be interesting to try of course whenever these trucks actually ship.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m sure they’re will be a Bluetooth proximity unlock option. I have an Ingenext bonus module in my Model 3 that allows me to turn on such a thing. Walk up to my car and the driver’s door pops open

• Informative
Reactions: serpico007

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m sure they’re will be a Bluetooth proximity unlock option. I have an Ingenext bonus module in my Model 3 that allows me to turn on such a thing. Walk up to my car and the driver’s door pops open
How would that work for passengers? Would the driver have to open the doors for them?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It’s only for the drivers side right now but I’m sure they could code it for both

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It’s only for the drivers side right now but I’m sure they could code it for both

I looked at it and I was interested until I too realized that it was only for 1 door. Kinda expensive for 1 door.

The only other function I would find useful is the trunk and frunk proximity opening, but I already have kick sensors from hansshow installed on my power trunk and frunk.....

Interesting though.

Last edited:

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I looked at it and I was interested until I too realized that it was only for 1 door. Kinda expensive for 1 door.

The only other function I would find useful is the trunk and frunk proximity opening, but I already have kick sensors from hanshow installed on my power trunk and frunk.....

Interesting though.
If those kick sensors work, I think I might prefer that. I thought using Bluetooth on the phone to unlock was going to be a disaster but I've had very few problems and am happy with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Garlan Garner

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.