Fast Wheels from Canada to US

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ynguldyn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
DP: Purchased a set of 19" FC04s at Canadawheels for US$960.84 including shipping to Boston on 5/3. The wheels shipped on 5/21. Received on 5/24.

Reactions: 2 people

ynguldyn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That’s better price than 1010Tires.
Correct. Once you specify you're a US buyer, 1010tires reprices the wheels to USD, and their price in USD is slightly more than in CAD (and yes, this is the opposite of what you would normally expect given the exchange rate). Their shipping is less expensive but not enough to compensate for the higher price of the wheels.

3s-a-charm

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
I need some help with wheel and tire sizes please (@Mad Hungarian )

Looking at the FAST FC04 in titanium for 2021 Model Y Performance.

I don't mind a staggered setup especially if it will make the rear tires look better than a square setup from behind.

This will be a winter setup for me.

20" preferred.

What width wheel do I use and what tire sizes should I consider for the widths? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 person

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Duty is a lot less than I anticipated, but the brokerage fees. :eek:o_O

View attachment 25888

Finally, an answer to the oft-asked question if US resident have to pay taxes and/or duties on items purchased in Canada! I though we were the only ones having to suffer UPS's brokerage extortion fees for items bought in the US. Sorry, not trying to make light of this but it's an honest question I've always had because you never really hear from the US side of things

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I need some help with wheel and tire sizes please (@Mad Hungarian )

Looking at the FAST FC04 in titanium for 2021 Model Y Performance.

I don't mind a staggered setup especially if it will make the rear tires look better than a square setup from behind.

This will be a winter setup for me.

20" preferred.

What width wheel do I use and what tire sizes should I consider for the widths? Thanks in advance!

It's completely up to you if you want to keep the stagger in winter... personally I'd go "square" to maximize traction on snow and ice but if you prefer the looks of the stagger setup and are willing to go a little easier on it when the weather goes pear shaped you can certainly do it.

If you choose square:
Optimum 20" FC04 spec for efficiency is same as OE in that size, 20x9.5 with +45 offset, however we're sold out of those in Titanium until March. You can use the 20x9.5 +35, you'll just lose a few percent efficiency by pushing the wheels out that extra 10 mm into the airflow. Note that we do have the +45 Black in stock.
Tire size will be 255/40R20.
Be sure to select 20" diameter from the wheel configuration menu when prompted, this will reset it to expect the square OE 20" sizing.

If you choose stagger:
You can use that same 20x9.5 +35 in front and pair it with a 20x11.0 +45 rear.
Tire sizes will be 255/40R20 front and 275/40R20, which closely match your current front/rear 21" overall diameters.
Instead of setting the wheel config 20" I would recommend keep the 21" Uberturbine setting, the pressures are the same but this will tell the car to keep the staggered diameter tire calibrations for the different front/rear rpms.

Reactions: 1 person

3s-a-charm

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
It's completely up to you if you want to keep the stagger in winter... personally I'd go "square" to maximize traction on snow and ice but if you prefer the looks of the stagger setup and are willing to go a little easier on it when the weather goes pear shaped you can certainly do it.

If you choose square:
Optimum 20" FC04 spec for efficiency is same as OE in that size, 20x9.5 with +45 offset, however we're sold out of those in Titanium until March. You can use the 20x9.5 +35, you'll just lose a few percent efficiency by pushing the wheels out that extra 10 mm into the airflow. Note that we do have the +45 Black in stock.
Tire size will be 255/40R20.
Be sure to select 20" diameter from the wheel configuration menu when prompted, this will reset it to expect the square OE 20" sizing.

If you choose stagger:
You can use that same 20x9.5 +35 in front and pair it with a 20x11.0 +45 rear.
Tire sizes will be 255/40R20 front and 275/40R20, which closely match your current front/rear 21" overall diameters.
Instead of setting the wheel config 20" I would recommend keep the 21" Uberturbine setting, the pressures are the same but this will tell the car to keep the staggered diameter tire calibrations for the different front/rear rpms.

Perfect! I've ordered a set of FAST wheels. The wheel shop recommended this setup...

Fast Wheels 20x8.5 F & 20x9.5 R + 255/40/20 & 275/40/20

Reactions: 2 people

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Perfect! I've ordered a set of FAST wheels. The wheel shop recommended this setup...

Fast Wheels 20x8.5 F & 20x9.5 R + 255/40/20 & 275/40/20
Good stuff!
I'd have personally gone for the wider 9.5 / 11.0 wheel sizing to lower rolling resistance, but the combo you chose definitely works.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.