Failed to turn on climate message on app

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wife's phone allowed her to drive, but not proximity unlock so she logged out and back into the app and all was well.

Try that, sign out of the app and back in.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While trying to precondition our Model 3 we’ve gotten this message a few times and haven’t successfully been able to start the climate via the app.

Any help is much appreciated!
Do any other remote functions work, like lock/unlock, trunk, frunk, charge percentage, etc? I'm trying to understand whether the issue is specific to climate, or just a general connectivity issue between your phone(s), Tesla's servers, and the car.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do any other remote functions work, like lock/unlock, trunk, frunk, charge percentage, etc? I'm trying to understand whether the issue is specific to climate, or just a general connectivity issue between your phone(s), Tesla's servers, and the car.
The car will unlock when I walk up to it and open the door but none of the remote controls work.

I can see charge level and was able to initiate an update via mobile app- just not do anything else.

Thanks for you help!

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While trying to precondition our Model 3 we’ve gotten this message a few times and haven’t successfully been able to start the climate via the app.
I've had two things cause that: Sentry Mode turning off LTE, and the LTE signal being weak at work.

mrau

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Usually for connectivity problems a "two thumbs reboot" of the car computer and a power on/off of the phone will resolve most issues. Especially after a firmware update.

Often the phone will still unlock your doors/trunk/frunk since it uses bluetooth for that. Normally you can open your frunk as soon as you open the app and do not have to wait for the car to wake up and connect..... provided you are within bluetooth range.

Setting climate and other controls uses LTE/Wifi.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Any help is much appreciated!
As others say - that error can be caused by a handful of issues - problem with the car communicating, and more often in my case, crappy wifi not getting the http ack from the mothership properly. Hard to diagnose sight unseen unfortunately. I find a reboot and airplane mode pulse fixes most every issue I've had.