Failed to lock vehicle error

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeremy Rosser

Country
Country
I was getting this error and it was very frustrating. It would not lock when I walked away and it would not lock when I pressed lock. I deleted and added my phone. I tried with the card.

It ended up that the passenger rear door was slightly opened. Not enough to trigger the door open sensor but enough to not want to lock the car. Wish the message could have said door open.

Attachments

TheCFC

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is actually my major problem with the M3 because it has happened twice. Twice now, I have gone to my car and it has been unlocked because I didn’t shut the door all the way. I’m already in the habit of walking away and trusting the car will lock itself. There is no sound to confirm that it locks or an alert in my phone if it is not locked. I have to open the app, wait 10 seconds, see the padlock OR I need to walk away and look back every time to see the mirrors fold in. Both are inferior options to my Toyota - I would just touch the handle, hear the beep, and walk away.