Eyebrow parking "signature" light out on one side

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s impossible to see in pictures as lights are incredibly difficult to photograph, but my eyebrow parking light is out driver’s side. I texted my mobile service ranger this morning and he ordered a new headlight for me.

182f3280-744a-4e18-a906-429e8f95c757-jpeg.13184

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It sounds like this is a design or manufacturing problem, as it is widely reported. A real pain for those who got PPF on the headlights.
Oh wow I must have missed the other reports of this. I’m not even sure how long mine has been out. I pulled up to a parking spot in front of a business this morning and saw the reflect.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My mobile service ranger just called to confirm the headlamp has been ordered. I shared the findings from the thread that @Jason F shared from TMC and he indicated he’s seen a few and it’s a mix of the light prematurely burning out in some cases and in others the eyebrow being loose. In either case the fix is replacement anyway.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My mobile service ranger just called to confirm the headlamp has been ordered. I shared the findings from the thread that @Jason F shared from TMC and he indicated he’s seen a few and it’s a mix of the light prematurely burning out in some cases and in others the eyebrow being loose. In either case the fix is replacement anyway.
Wow, my drivers side is out too. Damn. :(

Thanks for the heads up!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pheww! Just checked mine and they look fine. However, I know that when in drive mode, driver side eyebrow is dimmer than passenger side eyebrow. I’ll deal with that later.

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really can't tell if mine work or not. Is there a way to just turn on the "eyebrow". On the other hand, I might be better off not knowing.

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Note also in that thread that after replacing a light it seems to need to be recalibrated, otherwise the blinker blinks fast. It seems pushing an update (any) accomplishes that.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really can't tell if mine work or not. Is there a way to just turn on the "eyebrow". On the other hand, I might be better off not knowing.
I had to turn the lights to “parking” and then bend down to look straight at the lights. I think it’s why most people only see them once they’re somewhere that is reflecting their image because they’re naturally lower because they’re seated.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I had the signature lights go out on the passenger side.
A ranger came and replaced the headlight as well. Then had to repush the firmware to get the indicators to sync. They blinked at double speed until he did that.
It’s great hanging around while he did that. He has to remove the front bumper and the frunk to replace the light.
Very interesting.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the signature lights go out on the passenger side.
A ranger came and replaced the headlight as well. Then had to repush the firmware to get the indicators to sync. They blinked at double speed until he did that.
It’s great hanging around while he did that. He has to remove the front bumper and the frunk to replace the light.
Very interesting.
Oh jeez, this is major work :(

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Seems like this is the norm with pretty much any highline marque today. If you told me 10 years ago I’d be owning cars that required dropping the bumper to fix a headlight, I would’ve said that there was no way.
When you see the size of the headlight unit you understand. It’s humongous.
Because it’s all LED there are various heat sinks poking out the side as well.
Really interesting to look at, definitely not the regular shell that bulb based headlight have.

Defjukie

Country
Country
When you see the size of the headlight unit you understand. It’s humongous.
Because it’s all LED there are various heat sinks poking out the side as well.
Really interesting to look at, definitely not the regular shell that bulb based headlight have.
I was shocked at the size of the assembly!

Defjukie

Country
Country
Pheww! Just checked mine and they look fine. However, I know that when in drive mode, driver side eyebrow is dimmer than passenger side eyebrow. I’ll deal with that later.
That's most likely a sign that it has already gotten dislodged. My guess is it'll get dimmer and dimmer until you can barely see it anymore.

Defjukie

Country
Country
Manually turn the headlights to "off" on the main screen, it leaves the signature lights on.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's most likely a sign that it has already gotten dislodged. My guess is it'll get dimmer and dimmer until you can barely see it anymore.
I've had the car for almost five months now and I believe it came dimmed at delivery...I just didn't pay any attention to it. Let's see what happens. What's odd is when I turn on "Parking" light option, both eyebrows are at full brightness. Thanks for the input.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If this is the case then both of mine are out...
I think you'll have to put it in "Parking" light mode to see if they both work. I did on Quicksilver and both eyebrows are at full brightness. Only when I am driving when the driver side eyebrow is dimmed.