HOT Exclusive first look at the Model 3 forged performance referral wheels

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here you go folks! An exclusive first look at the forged Model 3 performance wheels from the referral program.

After a seemingly long delay it appears the forged performance wheels are almost ready to go for referral winners who selected them as their prize.
No other details at this time other than the car was fitted with Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires but they were spotted on a Tesla owned Model 3 and sent to me from a twitter follower @BLKMDL3

6226505f-c127-497c-ab9b-41d38bac0e47-jpeg.32034
6b1888a7-44ef-4467-887a-2a99b1fa6280-jpeg.32033

Last edited by a moderator:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ooh, spindly!

Now I have to decide which wheels to sell and which to keep. :)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The picture that was shown in the Tesla app actually looks pretty close to the final product.

And LOL at the availability date. :laughing:
Thanks, I was looking for that screenshot

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, those are SERIOUS.
Looks like HQ is gunning to take the sport sedan track crown away from the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio :)
Hope Motor Trend does a rematch with these on.
I hope Tesla provides the option to have an actual street tire mounted instead of these track tires.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope Tesla provides the option to have an actual street tire mounted instead of these track tires.
I'll bet you can feel them wearing away as you drive to the grocery store.
Prolly pretty salable/tradeable, no? Those are $300 USD tires, even from a discount place.

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm definitely with you, it's a perfect track setup but this tire is waaayyyy too intense for general use. It would be wonderful if they'd offer the Sport PS4 as an alternate.
But knowing how they operate and love to keep the choices to a minimum I'm thinking that this is gonna be take-it-or-leave it proposition.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Couple things.....LOVE the rims!!! What size are they specc‘ed at? 19”, 20”? I’m assuming they are flow forged and not cast? Secondly, @SoFlaModel3 and @kautrea are you selling the tires or rims? Or both? Lastly will they fit the hub on a P3D+?

Ski

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What size are they spec at? 19”, 20”?
Those should be 20s, and they should be 9" wide.
Reference: https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/model-3-referral-wheels.14579/

Lastly will they fit the hub on a P3D+?
If by "P3D+", you mean Performance, yes. The car in the photo is a Performance.
And for the brief amount of time that new mystery wheels appeared in the parts catalog, they had both +40 and +34 versions. The +34 version would be for Performance cars.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Couple things.....LOVE the rims!!! What size are they specc‘ed at? 19”, 20”? I’m assuming they are flow forged and not cast? Secondly, @SoFlaModel3 and @kautrea are you selling the tires or rims? Or both? Lastly will they fit the hub on a P3D+?

Ski
I will be selling rims+tires as I have the 19” sports, so no need for tires that won’t fit.