Excellent Stealth Hitch System for Tesla Model 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want to recommend a hitch system for the Tesla Model 3, I had one installed on my TM3 AWD in mid-November 2018 and I can personally vouch for its quality and the company behind it (an unpaid/uncompensated recommendation):
www.stealthhitches.com/products/tesla-model-3-2017-present
www.stealthhitches.com/blogs/news/press-release-stealth-hitches-llc-announces-product-release-of-new-tesla-model-3-hidden-hitch
- Rack-only Package (2.0"/1.25" square hitch receiver) $498
- Tow Package (18" U7S/15.5" U5S/13" U3S Tow Ball Height with 2"/1.875"/2.3125" Tow Ball, Stealth wiring harness) $658
- Rack + Tow Combo Package $757
Stealth Hitches are fully hidden when not in use. No more bruised shins from contact with the receiver of other hitches, all while maximizing your towing capacity, maintaining your crumple zones (unlike other hitches), and maintaining the vehicle’s original appearance. The main hitch bracket mounts behind the rear bumper, completely hidden from view. A rectangular access hole is cut in the plastic cowling under the TM3 as with other hitches. The difference is that the detachable hitch ball mount or rack receiver hitch attaches to the main hitch bracket when needed via a precision-machined stainless steel mounting block.
Stealth Hitches
4580 Commerce Pkwy NE
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
www.stealthhitches.com
info@stealthhitches.com
1-833-MyHitch (694-4824) / 678-714-3592
Notes: As part of the Stealth wiring harness installation, a fused heavy-gauge wire is routed from the 12V accessory battery, through the car chassis, back to the rear bumper area where the towing wiring harness and electronics are installed. The tow harness voltages are indirect, relay-generated and short-circuit protected.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I might add that I had the hitch installed in Sugar Hill GA since I live in the metro Atlanta area. They did a great job, meticulous work. As part of installation, I did have them apply plenty of outdoor-grade silicone adhesive/sealant between the car's rear chassis (aluminum) and the hitch bracket (powder-painted hardened steel) in addition to the standard insulating spacers, to minimize the possibility of corrosion and rust (I've read about the early Tesla Model S/X Eco-Hitch corrosion & rust horror stories, and seen the photos of the extensive chassis damage).
Don't bolt ANYTHING steel to your aluminum Tesla chassis without proper insulation and waterproofing (look up "galvanic corrosion"), paint and anodizing are thin surface coatings that will fail.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I want to recommend a hitch system for the Tesla Model 3, I had one installed on my TM3 AWD in mid-November 2018 and I can personally vouch for its quality and the company behind it (an unpaid/uncompensated recommendation):
www.stealthhitches.com/products/tesla-model-3-2017-present
www.stealthhitches.com/blogs/news/press-release-stealth-hitches-llc-announces-product-release-of-new-tesla-model-3-hidden-hitch
- Rack-only Package (2.0"/1.25" square hitch receiver) $498
- Tow Package (18" U7S/15.5" U5S/13" U3S Tow Ball Height with 2"/1.875"/2.3125" Tow Ball, Stealth wiring harness) $658
- Rack + Tow Combo Package $757
Stealth Hitches are fully hidden when not in use. No more bruised shins from contact with the receiver of other hitches, all while maximizing your towing capacity, maintaining your crumple zones (unlike other hitches), and maintaining the vehicle’s original appearance. The main hitch bracket mounts behind the rear bumper, completely hidden from view. A rectangular access hole is cut in the plastic cowling under the TM3 as with other hitches. The difference is that the detachable hitch ball mount or rack receiver hitch attaches to the main hitch bracket when needed via a precision-machined stainless steel mounting block.
Stealth Hitches
4580 Commerce Pkwy NE
Sugar Hill, GA 30518
www.stealthhitches.com
info@stealthhitches.com
1-833-MyHitch (694-4824) / 678-714-3592
Notes: As part of the Stealth wiring harness installation, a fused heavy-gauge wire is routed from the 12V accessory battery, through the car chassis, back to the rear bumper area where the towing wiring harness and electronics are installed. The tow harness voltages are indirect, relay-generated and short-circuit protected.
Looks like a nice setup. May I ask what you are pulling with it? My wife and I dream of pulling a small trailer with our 3.

groovetesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I love this. But I worry about adding 30+ pounds to the car and what that would mean for range. I suppose I could offset some of it with forged wheels but I don't have the budget for that yet. How much did the install cost?

kyrral

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought the base model because I already have a ball. I didn't want to pay $160 for that option. I do have to weld on tow chain rings (which I think should be standard). Stealth wont sell me a wiring harness separately so my QUESTiION is: how hard to fabricate one from scratch (not me, I'm jobbing this out to Arrow Trailer in Ontario, CA), Incidently I had a hitch on my Prius and hauled over 2000lbs concrete to dump and weighed it. Weight is balanced over wheels, not tongue. Mainly need to slow down ahead.