Even slow electric cars are quick

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Most of us here know that electric cars have incredible torque at rest, but sometimes it's hard to quantify that.

I own a Nissan Leaf. It currently has 16" wheels with snow tires installed. Front wheel drive, of course. The official 0-60mph time is about 10 seconds.

Yesterday I lined up at a red light against a Subaru WRX with a manual transmission - a pretty fast (0-60 times around 5s), all-wheel drive car. When it turned green, we both punched it.

I was actually out-accelerating him at first! Yes, me and my little crappy front-wheel-drive frog-faced eco-econobox! Of course, then he shifted into second gear and went flying by me. But it's still a fun aspect of electric cars.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
(...)I own a Nissan Leaf. It currently has 16" wheels with snow tires installed. Front wheel drive, of course. The official 0-60mph time is about 10 seconds.
Yesterday I lined up at a red light against a Subaru WRX with a manual transmission - a pretty fast (0-60 times around 5s), all-wheel drive car. When it turned green, we both punched it.
I was actually out-accelerating him at first! (...) But it's still a fun aspect of electric cars.
Come on, @garsh, tell us the truth...? It's those G35 wheels, right?! :D

KenR

Country
Country
Most of us here know that electric cars have incredible torque at rest, but sometimes it's hard to quantify that.

I own a Nissan Leaf. It currently has 16" wheels with snow tires installed. Front wheel drive, of course. The official 0-60mph time is about 10 seconds.

I was actually out-accelerating him at first! Yes, me and my little crappy front-wheel-drive frog-faced eco-econobox! Of course, then he shifted into second gear and went flying by me. But it's still a fun aspect of electric cars.
yeah, the zero-to-30 acceleration is awesome! :)