Product Review EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert for the Model 3 - Reviews

jsmay311

Country
Country
I just saw this thread promoting the EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert for the Model 3.

I was curious to hear reviews from folks who have ordered this cup holder insert, but since the aforementioned thread is locked for replies, I figured I'd start a new thread where people can share their reviews.

I'll kick things off by posting the 3 reviews currently on Amazon -- two 5-star ratings and one 2-star rating, for a current 3.8-star average rating. (BTW, it looks like it's more expensive including shipping on Amazon than through the EVANNEX website.)

1569523447020-png.29367

Anyone else care to share their review here?

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have these myself but I'll be curious to hear the consensus. What I can tell you I don't recommend are these rubber liners from Abstract Ocean:

https://www.abstractocean.com/M3-cupholder-liners/

After 7 months the cup holder liner is all warped and won't lay flat. I do live in Houston (where it gets quite hot) but I work from home and the car is usually in a garage. When I do go somewhere I almost always leave the climate on. So I know this isn't due to heat.

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The evannex insert is great. Much better than the Taptes and similar sleeves (which have a tendency to get stuck to whatever gets inserted into them) and 3D printed spring loaded inserts (which make noise on use, especially annoying on remove).

The evannex piece is made out of silicone so it doesnt deform and doesnt mind cabin overheat protection off levels of heat. Sleek and slim, barely noticable once in place.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wife's water bottle fits snugly with the insert. Prior to that, the bottle would wobble in the cupholder. I only allow the consumption of water in my car, so I can't speak for how well the insert performs with other types of drinks containers.

I like this insert design over the ring/collar types because it doesn't take away the storage space connecting the two cupholders. I often use that space for my eyeglasses case or phone.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Do any of you have issues pulling a cup/bottle/cooling thermos out and having the insert come out “with” it? i.e. tabs hug the bottle too much and don’t release enough to leave the insert ‘inserted’?
I thought I read a review to this effect somewhere and the person then kept having to pull the insert off the said object and then re-insert it in the cup holder.

Ski

MacInfoSys

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From the posted pictures the center curve does not look like it sits flush with he factory space. I would love to hear if anyone else has these and if the fit is pefct or as open as the picts show.

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have these myself but I'll be curious to hear the consensus. What I can tell you I don't recommend are these rubber liners from Abstract Ocean:

https://www.abstractocean.com/M3-cupholder-liners/

After 7 months the cup holder liner is all warped and won't lay flat. I do live in Houston (where it gets quite hot) but I work from home and the car is usually in a garage. When I do go somewhere I almost always leave the climate on. So I know this isn't due to heat.
I have had the same experience with the liners. They laid flat for about 9 months, but now mine are warped and look like crap.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have it and am very happy.

It seems almost as if it’s actually part of the design and retains both the look and functionality of the original cup holder, pass through and all. Not seeing the center bulges shown in that pic but may have been that way when first inserted.

Yes, despite it being fairly clingy to the cup holder surface, if you have a water bottle that’s developed enough condensation, it will start to hitch a ride when you try to extract the bottle. However, when that’s happened, the liner has dropped off thanks to the opposite side. I discovered, at least with my bottles, that a slight twist while lifting, avoids that whole dance.

I’m happy that I don’t need to use can koozies to keep my water bottles secure anymore and would definitely recommend this product. I bought it from evvanex but used amazon pay.