Product Review EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert for the Model 3 - Reviews

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I just saw this thread promoting the EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert for the Model 3.

I was curious to hear reviews from folks who have ordered this cup holder insert, but since the aforementioned thread is locked for replies, I figured I'd start a new thread where people can share their reviews.

I'll kick things off by posting the 3 reviews currently on Amazon -- two 5-star ratings and one 2-star rating, for a current 3.8-star average rating. (BTW, it looks like it's more expensive including shipping on Amazon than through the EVANNEX website.)

1569523447020-png.29367

Anyone else care to share their review here?

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have these myself but I'll be curious to hear the consensus. What I can tell you I don't recommend are these rubber liners from Abstract Ocean:

https://www.abstractocean.com/M3-cupholder-liners/

After 7 months the cup holder liner is all warped and won't lay flat. I do live in Houston (where it gets quite hot) but I work from home and the car is usually in a garage. When I do go somewhere I almost always leave the climate on. So I know this isn't due to heat.

Perscitus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The evannex insert is great. Much better than the Taptes and similar sleeves (which have a tendency to get stuck to whatever gets inserted into them) and 3D printed spring loaded inserts (which make noise on use, especially annoying on remove).

The evannex piece is made out of silicone so it doesnt deform and doesnt mind cabin overheat protection off levels of heat. Sleek and slim, barely noticable once in place.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My wife's water bottle fits snugly with the insert. Prior to that, the bottle would wobble in the cupholder. I only allow the consumption of water in my car, so I can't speak for how well the insert performs with other types of drinks containers.

I like this insert design over the ring/collar types because it doesn't take away the storage space connecting the two cupholders. I often use that space for my eyeglasses case or phone.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Do any of you have issues pulling a cup/bottle/cooling thermos out and having the insert come out “with” it? i.e. tabs hug the bottle too much and don’t release enough to leave the insert ‘inserted’?
I thought I read a review to this effect somewhere and the person then kept having to pull the insert off the said object and then re-insert it in the cup holder.

Ski

MacInfoSys

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From the posted pictures the center curve does not look like it sits flush with he factory space. I would love to hear if anyone else has these and if the fit is pefct or as open as the picts show.

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have these myself but I'll be curious to hear the consensus. What I can tell you I don't recommend are these rubber liners from Abstract Ocean:

https://www.abstractocean.com/M3-cupholder-liners/

After 7 months the cup holder liner is all warped and won't lay flat. I do live in Houston (where it gets quite hot) but I work from home and the car is usually in a garage. When I do go somewhere I almost always leave the climate on. So I know this isn't due to heat.
I have had the same experience with the liners. They laid flat for about 9 months, but now mine are warped and look like crap.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have it and am very happy.

It seems almost as if it’s actually part of the design and retains both the look and functionality of the original cup holder, pass through and all. Not seeing the center bulges shown in that pic but may have been that way when first inserted.

Yes, despite it being fairly clingy to the cup holder surface, if you have a water bottle that’s developed enough condensation, it will start to hitch a ride when you try to extract the bottle. However, when that’s happened, the liner has dropped off thanks to the opposite side. I discovered, at least with my bottles, that a slight twist while lifting, avoids that whole dance.

I’m happy that I don’t need to use can koozies to keep my water bottles secure anymore and would definitely recommend this product. I bought it from evvanex but used amazon pay.

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Just to follow up... I ended up buying the EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert and it's just okay. It's better than nothing, but the tabs are awfully thin, so they don't do all that much. And for larger cups/bottles that would otherwise fit pretty well in the cup holder without an insert, the thickness of the rubber insert can make it too snug for it to fit. So it's definitely a mixed bag IMO.

If anyone is interested in a spring loaded insert, I bought this from Amazon by lukeasy. It's really good.
Ooo... that looks pretty clever. How is it installed / held in place?

A couple reviewers on Amazon say the springs are too weak to be of much use. I take it you disagree?

(Here's the Amazon link, BTW...)
Amazon product

Mohammad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to follow up... I ended up buying the EVANNEX Cup Holder Insert and it's just okay. It's better than nothing, but the tabs are awfully thin, so they don't do all that much. And for larger cups/bottles that would otherwise fit pretty well in the cup holder without an insert, the thickness of the rubber insert can make it too snug for it to fit. So it's definitely a mixed bag IMO.

A couple reviewers on Amazon say the springs are too weak to be of much use. I take it you disagree?

Amazon product
I just pushed it into place. They provide 3M tape on the bottom if you want to permanently stick it. I opted not to apply the tape. It is very rigid and stays in place.
Springs are not super strong but get the job done. I have placed large and medium Tim Hortons cups and they don't move.

Also thanks for sharing the Amazon link. I couldn't get the link from the Amazon app. 👍

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Amazon product

I just received this today. IMO the springs are more than strong enough. Stronger than I thought they would be. Just a press fit for now. There is adhesive tape on both sides I haven’t uncovered yet. I had some extra 3M 1080 brushed black metallic vinyl left from Abstract Ocean so I covered the piano black top with it:

0f59ec31-5172-440b-873b-dbc6aa3c797b-jpeg.31811

Fits with the cup liners as well. It just sits a little higher:

70bab160-a388-474f-b4ff-9b7281cc962d-jpeg.31812

Last edited:

jsmay311

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I just bought and installed the LUCKEASY cup holder device. At first blush, I like it. As you can see in Sandy's photos, it integrates pretty seamlessly with the existing cup holder and blends in nicely. And I like the simplicity of its function.

Some of the Amazon reviews complain of weak springs, but if anything I'm worried they might be too strong for cups with weak walls (like paper cups, styrofoam, etc.). So maybe keep that in mind depending on what type of cup you typically put in your cup holders.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm just ordered the Luckeasy also. I have the EVAnnex insert and it's really not a good design. Fit and finish is fine, but with the flaps only half way up the cup holder it really doesn't add any stability. in fact, depending on cup size it can actually make it worse by adding a pivot point down low. Just mechanically not well thought out. The flaps need to up near the top to do the job.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just installed the Luckeasy and am much happier with it. Covered the top with some leftover white vinyl so it matches the rest of the interior. It comes in the shiny piano black to match the standard console. Probably the best cheap mod I've made so far.