Mad Hungarian

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Wheel & Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello Mr. Guru.

I am new here and was hoping to find a link to where to get those spacers. I bought the EV01’s for the TM3D but I now want to upgrade to the Performance, but love the wheels. My specs on the current wheels are:
18x8.5 5x114.3 40 64.1

I have messaged Fast Wheels a couple times but haven’t heard back. Obviously I would be willing to pay for the spacers, but just need a way to get them. Any advice help/would be awesome.

Thank you.
Two suggestions, you can try our U.S. distributor www.aftermarketev.com to see if they have, otherwise you can get some from Traverse Racing on Amazon

Hoppiness

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Two suggestions, you can try our U.S. distributor www.aftermarketev.com to see if they have, otherwise you can get some from Traverse Racing on Amazon
Appreciate the help. I looked at those but there is that bolt head that sticks out a little so it looks like the main ones listed in your link won’t accommodate that extra little bolt. However in the pictures of that link they actually have a different style farther down that would probably accommodate it. Like these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274521043015

Would you suggest those or the ones you said but then I would have to cut out some more of a hole for the bolt I think?

Also Stephanie Roux from FastWheels said there is no way my rims would fit because of the bore and repeated it when I asked if she was sure even with spacers. Is she just mistaken and with the spacer for that little lip makes the bore ok? Or am I totally off base?

I will contact aftermarketev.com as well.

Thank you again.

Mad Hungarian

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Wheel & Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Appreciate the help. I looked at those but there is that bolt head that sticks out a little so it looks like the main ones listed in your link won’t accommodate that extra little bolt. However in the pictures of that link they actually have a different style farther down that would probably accommodate it. Like these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274521043015

Would you suggest those or the ones you said but then I would have to cut out some more of a hole for the bolt I think?

Also Stephanie Roux from FastWheels said there is no way my rims would fit because of the bore and repeated it when I asked if she was sure even with spacers. Is she just mistaken and with the spacer for that little lip makes the bore ok? Or am I totally off base?

I will contact aftermarketev.com as well.

Thank you again.

I know folks who have used the Traverse racing units and they work perfectly, as the second set of holes in the spacer are the same PCD as the main ones for the studs (5x114.3) they line up perfectly with that retainer screw which is on the same line.

Stephanie may have been mistaken, I'll reach out to her to correct this.

Last edited:

Hoppiness

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I know folks who have used the Traverse racing units and they work perfectly, as the second set of holes in the spacer are the same PCD as the main ones for the studs (5x114.3) they line up perfectly with that retainer screw which is on the same line.

Stephanie may have been mistaken, I'll reach out to her to correct this.
Thank you sir!
Sounds like she says my bore is wrong...but I think once I get over that lip at the base, the rest of the bore is the same...hence the 5mm spacer...if I am understanding correctly.

Thank you again! You are a life saver.

Mad Hungarian

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Wheel & Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you sir!
Sounds like she says my bore is wrong...but I think once I get over that lip at the base, the rest of the bore is the same...hence the 5mm spacer...if I am understanding correctly.

Thank you again! You are a life saver.
Exactly right, putting a 5 mm spacer on essentially converts the P3D hub and rotor surfaces to the identical dimensions of a non-Performance brake car.

DKO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Mad Hungarian do we have some news on availability in Europe?

I want EV01 for Model 3 Performance and will probably get them shipped across ocean if no other options to get them in Europe.

Mad Hungarian

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Wheel & Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Mad Hungarian do we have some news on availability in Europe?

I want EV01 for Model 3 Performance and will probably get them shipped across ocean if no other options to get them in Europe.
Interestingly yes! There is now a dealer in the UK. Not exactly next door for you, but certainly a lot closer than North America!

• Informative
Reactions: garsh

LaCk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Mad Hungarian You mentioned last year in this thread that the +35/70.2 EV01 will fit on a Performance with the OE lug nuts. Is it still the case with the 2021?
I'm about to buy the wheels on pmctire, and the page is telling me that nuts are required, see screenshot below.

Also, thank you so much for your answers in this thread! This is the only clear cut info I have been able to find.

pmc_ev01.png

Reactions: Mad Hungarian

Mad Hungarian

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Wheel & Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, still fits, absolutely no changes as far as wheel fitments go on the 2021 and we specifically designed it to accommodate the OE nuts.

• Informative
Reactions: LaCk and garsh