EV Statistics

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Great March sales in China too! Wow, the size of that market! This us more sales in one month than what GM plans to sell Bolts worldwide in one year... ;)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Love to see this EV sales growth everywhere - taken together, Model S and X would have #1 spot, with more sales than the Zoe which costs 3 to 4 times less! :/)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The Renault Zoe continues to be one of the most successful small, affordable EV, with its 1Q17 boosted by the larger battery, though of course primarily in its home market in France...

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
A bit of a dip (not for carrots:p) in US April sales l... for all top 5 and in total.
To be fair to GM (;) @garsh ), the Volt is holding on nicely... the Bolt...? Not so much... o_O

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This is not to be underestimated! And to out things into perspective, consider that the total size of the Chinese car markets today is 24M cars... A market position of, say 5%, would mean 1.2 million T≡SLA!! :cool:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Consider my last post above, which concerned China only... now today, the global market for cars is ~80M cars.
Now, even with no growth of the total pie, obviously an excessively conservative hypothesis, a 15% EV penetration by 2025 (again, could be higher...) would translate into 12M cars. Say T≡SLA has been able to capitalize on its current lead and has at least 20% market position, that's almost 2.5M cars... Not quite the top of the food chain yet, but clearly a formidable play, and 25 times 2016 sales in less than 10 years?!

Where will T≡SLA in 2035, barely twenty years after its real start? It's anybody's guess... yet I do believe it could be in the top 5, if not top 3... :rainbow:

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
And again, another strong month in the US, with the Volt holding the #1 spot in YTD, with Model S right behind... :)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Haven't posted statistics for a while, was waiting for meaningful stuff...
Here's some nice ones on EU's 1Q EV sales:
Key Tidbits:
  • 30% growth year on year vs. 1Q16
  • T≡SLA placing two models in top 5 of BEVs, totalling ~20% market position despite lowest selling price around €80k!
  • Model S sold in higher quantity than all but 1 of the Top 5 PHEV... interestingly enough, the top spot here goes to the Mitsubishi Outlander ?!
Imagine when Model ≡ comes along... ;)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Oh, I like this!! Makes me think of the German saying: 'Wenn schon, then schon!', which I would loosely translate as 'If you go, you really go!' (italics for emphasis... ;)), right, @AlexanderFromGermany ?

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I know this might stress some about the 200k, yet still view it as a remarkable milestone.

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
I know this might stress some about the 200k, yet still view it as a remarkable milestone.

According to Insidevs, Tesla will have sold 127K roadster/MS/X by the end of June 2017. YIKES! That means less than 73K TM3 (because MS/X will continue to sell) before we hit the threshold! I expect that around 10K TM3 will be taken first by employees, friends, family, press, and MS/X owners, so the number is shrinking considerably for those reservationists lower on the cue who want the full tax credit.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That means less than 73K TM3 (because MS/X will continue to sell) before we hit the threshold!
But remember, the full credit should still apply for a little under 6 months after we hit that threshold. So add 6 months worth of Model 3 manufacturing in addition to that 73k.