EV Savings Calculator

ChargePoint

Country
Country
Forbes says The Bottom Line On Electric Cars: They're Cheaper To Own

The price of electric vehicles is coming down, but they still look expensive compared with many gasoline-powered cars. That comparison, though, is misleading. Once you figure in the cost of ownership, especially maintenance and fuel, electric vehicles are a bargain despite the up-front price tag.
They're absolutely right!

The average driver can save $700 by driving electric, or more when you consider incentives. Find out what you can save with our #EVSavings calculator!

Visit the calculator here.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
or look at my current car's fuel costs vs the savings based on the Model 3's electricity costs in my signature...
based on my last fill-up, 573 days after making my reservation, I've averaged $3.86/day in fuel costs. My estimate for the Model 3 with those same miles would be $0.65/day* in electricity costs...

I generally have kept my cars at least 10 years, so over 10 years, that would be $11,716.50 just in the fuel savings. Subtract out the Federal $7,500 and state sales tax exemption of approx $2,880, we are up to $22,096.50.
My car insurance is a wash (currently have 2 insured cars that will be going to one, so rate will actually decrease). My state has an EV registration surcharge, but that will equal out not having the two cars registered. Until we know more on maintenance, I'll assume any will be similar to the couple premium oil changes and services done on my ICE cars annually.

*assuming 100% home charging on round-the-clock rate of 8¢/kw, 3.75 miles/kw, average winter temperatures are mid 40℉s, and traffic precludes ever getting up to the speed limit, let alone over it.

Mattstyle

Country
Country
I’ll be saving almost $400/mo, that’s how I can afford this car with the options I want. I drive about 1000mi/wk while getting around 18mpg currently. I will probably only have to hit a supercharger once or twice a week and probably never for a full charge. I’ll have to plan my routes for work where I can charge overnight at a hotel or worst case scenario at a campground and sleep in the car ✨:shootingstar: