Estimate Range

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am sure this has been discussed, but I can't find it through searching. Perhaps I don't quite know what to search for. I bought my Tesla Model 3 long range in August 2019 and the first time I charged at a supercharger I was at 305 miles of an estimated range and not quite at 100% charge. I continued to charge to 80% and would wake up with around 250 miles of estimated range. Recently though, it would take charging up to 90% to see 250 miles of estimated range. Supposedly Tesla did diagnostics and said that all is well with the battery, but I still wonder. Does this seem normal? Are others experiencing it too? Am I possibly doing something wrong? I would rather be proactive is something seems amiss.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry, but you really need to review your searching skills. There are hundreds of threads on this exact subject.
Come on Ed. These kinds of replies are useless and unnecessary.

Instead of spending a minute writing up a condescending reply, spend a minute to conduct the search yourself, find a relevant thread, and reply with the link instead.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Come on Ed. These kinds of replies are useless and unnecessary.

Instead of spending a minute writing up a condescending reply, spend a minute to conduct the search yourself, find a relevant thread, and reply with the link instead.
Thank you for saying that, I felt the same way and almost responded with something like that. Even though it was a true statement, I still took offense to it. I had tried searching for it, but I am not familiar with Tesla terms and such yet and this is my first time on this forum.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I will try to spend more time on the forum and learn how to use it, so that I don't pose idiotic questions like this, haha.
I am on the forum often, but still not terribly proficient with searching or finding the best thread to post a question or always knowing the right terminology.

So welcome to the forum!! Please don’t hesitate to ask questions. You’ll sometimes get great, straightforward answers... sometimes diverse, confusing points of view..... and the topic of your OP (original post) is one that lots of us ponder. For me, part of the fun of owning a Tesla is trying to figure it out.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am on the forum often, but still not terribly proficient with searching or finding the best thread to post a question or always knowing the right terminology.

So welcome to the forum!! Please don’t hesitate to ask questions. You’ll sometimes get great, straightforward answers... sometimes diverse, confusing points of view..... and the topic of your OP (original post) is one that lots of us ponder. For me, part of the fun of owning a Tesla is trying to figure it out.
Thank you! I love being part of the Tesla family, such an amazing car to drive. I think you are right, part of the fun is trying to figure it all out, since it is nothing like a traditional vehicle that is what it is and only gets worse over time, haha.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree that it is true, but I did the funny because there wasn't an angry or displeased action to use, haha. Thank you very much for taking the time to find a thread for me. I will try to spend more time on the forum and learn how to use it, so that I don't pose idiotic questions like this, haha.
It's not at all a dumb question; in fact, it's practically an obsession on this and the other Tesla-oriented forum I'm familiar with. For example, go to this link and enter degradation in the Search field (and take care to spell it properly--I often try to substitute an "e" for the first "a"): https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threadloom/search. Now, tbh, a lot of forum posts are more emotional than informative, both of which are fine and possibly both educational. But if you want to reach a deeper understanding of the subject of lithium ion battery degradation, you should search the internet for Jeff Dahn, battery expert, and take a deep dive into the subject of battery chemistry. For starters, go back to that TMC search link and enter battery chemistry into the search field. It may be a great way to spend your free time over the holidays! :D