Error codes and grinding noise when braking

Icetray

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have had my Model 3 for close to two months and it has been fantastic up until this point. I was driving with my daughter on the weekend and went over a man hole cover on the road (say a 2 inch drop) and boom up pops 5 system errors (ABS braking disabled, Air bag disabled, emergency braking disabled, power steering disabled, etc. and my brakes are now making a grinding noise when pushing on the brake. I was about a block from my destination so I slowly drove to location and pulled over. I did two resets from the steering wheel with no luck. I called Tesla service and they had me do a full power off and restart. The errors still came up and more disconcerting was the grinding sound (it sounds like you are trying to stop a gear with a stick) when pushing the brake. The tech on the phone told me to leave it parked and called for a tow truck to pick up this morning. It is now in the service center getting looked at and I have a lovely ICE Ford Taurus :p. Hoping they get it resolved and its nothing major.
Anyone else have this issue? I have seen people with the same errors in the new software update, but not the grinding noise.

Icetray

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had this exact problem. Required replacing the body control module. Took about 2 weeks.
Well that lines up with what they found on my Model 3. They had it narrowed down to a bad connector on the module and they were trying to determine if they needed to replace the entire module or just the connector. Hopeful they can get it fixed quicker than two weeks as the rental car they gave me is horrible. Maybe I can lobby for a tesla loaner if its two weeks.
How is your car after the fix?

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well that lines up with what they found on my Model 3. They had it narrowed down to a bad connector on the module and they were trying to determine if they needed to replace the entire module or just the connector. Hopeful they can get it fixed quicker than two weeks as the rental car they gave me is horrible. Maybe I can lobby for a tesla loaner if its two weeks.
How is your car after the fix?
I had it happen 15 miles after it was delivered. They gave me a decent model s loaner so that was good. I've had it a week since fixing it and no problems with it

Icetray

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, that must have sucked. I thought mine was bad at 1900 KM. Nice that you got a model S loaner and glad that all is going well now. Hoping they give me a timeline update soon.

Icetray

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn't get an update until about day 12 and then it was done 2 days later.
Yeah. I would say, phone support was prompt and good but so far the service center follow up is pretty lacking. I haven’t had a car before where they didn’t give me updates on a steady basis. Definitely an area to improve upon.