Error code UI_a006

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
UI_a006 is a Remote Service Alert, and as you can tell by the detailed message, it is something remotely sent to you by a Tesla service representative (and not generated by your car).

Have you seen any other alerts? (You can display previous alerts in your service section)

If not Tesla could have some specific situations they are looking at behind the scenes.

EasterEgg

Country
Country
UI_a006 is a Remote Service Alert, and as you can tell by the detailed message, it is something remotely sent to you by a Tesla service representative (and not generated by your car).

Have you seen any other alerts? (You can display previous alerts in your service section)

If not Tesla could have some specific situations they are looking at behind the scenes.
Thank you

I have no other error message except fur this one.

JasonF

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

If the car isn't malfunctioning, could that alert be sent out if Tesla realised some kind of production problem, and wants those cars back to be repaired ASAP?

mikeh51a

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
I received the exact same message this morning. Car is 4 days old with no other problems.
Earliest appointment available is March 1st. I'm hoping they can get it done earlier.

Does anyone know if it's safe to drive the car with this notice?

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received the exact same message this morning. Car is 4 days old with no other problems.
Earliest appointment available is March 1st. I'm hoping they can get it done earlier.

Does anyone know if it's safe to drive the car with this notice?
Did you get the exact same second page where it says it will attempt to continue heating and cooling at reduced performance? Given that message, I'd expect it to be fine to drive, and the car should give you additional warnings if it's actually unsafe to drive. My only slight concern with a heating or cooling problem would be if the vehicle is unable to maintain battery or motor temperature, but I think the car is really good about protecting itself and providing additional warnings. Also, battery/motor temperature issues would probably only come into play in more extreme temperatures than we should have around here in the next week, or if you drive the vehicle really hard.

Interesting that yours is a Model Y and @EasterEgg reported it on a 2018 Model 3, as there are a lot of differences between the thermal management systems on those two vehicles.

mikeh51a

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Mine was on model Y.

Just got message thru the app and they say it is safe to drive.
My scheduled service was moved to a different service center for 4PM today. In the app
they have no idea how long the repair will take or what is wrong. I'll find out when I
get there.

The messages received on my car were the exact same as the ones Easteregg had.
I'll update this later after I return from the service center and again after the repair is complete.

Reactions: Long Ranger

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If the car isn't malfunctioning, could that alert be sent out if Tesla realised some kind of production problem, and wants those cars back to be repaired ASAP?

I would say that is a good example, yes. But probably a lot of other situations as well.

My guess is this is one of the many many revisions to the heat pump where they want to backpeddle.

mikeh51a

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Just returned from the service center. They say it is PT sensors that needs to be replaced.
Just looked at the app and it is downloading software update 2021.4.10

I'll provide another update tomorrow after the work is finished.

chewychiu

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi there. I'm new here. I googled my issue with my car and landed here. I too had those two messages today. I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+.
Made an appointment for next Tuesday.

krails

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y

FYI for anyone else having this error, I was finally able to get some insight from Tesla after I scheduled a service appt:

“Hello Kevin, this is Tesla Virtual Service Diagnostics. I found that this alert is present due to a new service bulletin to proactively replace some refrigerant sensors on your vehicle. Parts have been ordered and will be replaced at your upcoming service appointment. Thank you”

• Informative
Reactions: garsh

chewychiu

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do you guys also hear a "clunking" sound when you either first start the car or wake up the car? I think I'm experiencing that.

mikeh51a

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Work has been completed on my Model Y. The PT sensors were replaced.
Must be fairly common, parts were in stock and service rep says they have
been doing quite a few of these jobs.

Dropped the car off yesterday afternoon for 4PM appointment and was completed
by 1030 this morning.

Reactions: iChris93

chewychiu

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

by 1030 this morning.
Hope they gave you a loaner? I have a 9:15am appointment. Hope they don't make me wait too long as I have to log back on to work.

chewychiu

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

by 1030 this morning.
Looks like it's a known issue like you've mentioned. This is what I got today. IMG_5802.PNG