Errant Battery Temp Warning (Snowflake)?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

96s46p

Country
Country
When the screen powers on, snowflake icon is present and battery reports reduced range. After a few seconds, it goes away and range estimate goes up to normal.

Have you seen it? Is it normal?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When the screen powers on, snowflake icon is present and battery reports reduced range. After a few seconds, it goes away and range estimate goes up to normal.

Have you seen it? Is it normal?
Saw this once recently, accompanied by a “power reduced” message. I did the double scroll wheel reset and haven’t seen it again. That was June 23rd so I’d say “success” is accurate. I recommend trying it and seeing, and noting if you get it again and how many times in case you need to call Tesla.
7ce6e251-5236-4984-90c3-8be32a998e4f-jpeg.11161

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
2 week old Model 3. Twice now when I got into the car a blue snowflake shows up where the battery indicator / mileage indicator readout is located. EV miles go away and then snowflake disappears and miles come back. Warm outside both times. 80 degrees. I made a bug report and reported to Tesla. Have a service visit this week and will bring it up. 2018.21.9 firmware

Sumiguchi

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I reported an issue that my screen was sometimes going into a deep sleep and they recommend a 2 step fix which seems to have done the trick. I mention this because I suspect it will be the first 2 steps in many troubleshooting situations.
  1. Reset the screen by hold both buttons on the steering wheel in. They asked me to hold the buttons and push the brake until the screen came back on.
  2. Remove your foot from the brake and choose Power off from the service menu. Wait 2 minutes and then hit the brakes to wake the car up.
Harmless to give it a try :) and is the age old solution to any software problem.