Environmentally friendly cleaning products

MarkB

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking for biodegradable and fish friendly cleaning products.

Even the Simple Green stuff that advertises as “environmentally-safer” has the following in its SDS:

Environmental Precautions: Do not allow into open waterways and ground water systems.

All drains on our property lead to fish bearing waters.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking for biodegradable and fish friendly cleaning products.

Even the Simple Green stuff that advertises as “environmentally-safer” has the following in its SDS:

Environmental Precautions: Do not allow into open waterways and ground water systems.

All drains on our property lead to fish bearing waters.
I have been very happy with my method and it should be as environmentally friendly as it gets with no run off.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/how-i-wash-my-car-in-the-garage-and-get-great-results.6727/

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Opti-Coat's Maintenance line of detailing products are exactly what you're looking for. Dr. Ghodoussi designed them for exactly the reasons you stated. Also, if you use the rinseless method of car washing there's very little (if any) runoff anyway.
Products are only available at authorized Opti installers, or online directly from the company in Memphis, TN, USA. Uniform pricing so no need shopping around or trying to find it cheaper on Amazon.
Looks like Gleamworks Detailing in Vancouver, BC might be your best bet so you don't have to pay shipping.

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use Simple Green very frequently. At my office there are several sweet gum and cedar trees that keep dropping, well, gum and other sticky goo (gee, thanks nature, love u anyway) on my model 3 and that stuff doesn’t come off easily. The Simple Green is the only thing that actually works on it.

But I only use it as a spot cleaner and wipe it down than throw the wipes in the washer. We use it at my office in the ultrasonic cleaner for instruments prior to sterilizing in autoclave. It is the best trade off for good cleaning ability and the least environmentally destructive solution that will meet medical office hygiene standards.