Entering Destination in M3 map

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Haven’t seen how you manually enter an address in the map app. More importantly, does anyone know if there’s a convenient method to transfer an address from your iPhone to the m3 map?
Was on a out-of-town basketball tournament for our son and we were often texted new addresses for the next game, spread out across multiple school gyms. Made me contemplate what this will be like next season, riding in our fine new Tesla. Manually entering these addresses will be a bit. Of a pain I’m thinking.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Haven’t seen how you manually enter an address in the map app. More importantly, does anyone know if there’s a convenient method to transfer an address from your iPhone to the m3 map?
Was on a out-of-town basketball tournament for our son and we were often texted new addresses for the next game, spread out across multiple school gyms. Made me contemplate what this will be like next season, riding in our fine new Tesla. Manually entering these addresses will be a bit. Of a pain I’m thinking.
There is no connection to your phone’s contacts or calendar for addresses of people or upcoming appointments — yet...

To enter a destination there are 2 ways:
  1. Tap Navigate in the top left of the map. A keyboard comes up. Type in the name of the place of address and it will find it.
  2. Much easier — press in the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel and say “Navigate to...” and you’re done!
In either case, the navigation will route you through a supercharger if necessary!

EDIT: adding a picture to show the Navigate button.

b1f4a97c-a597-4a08-b915-1ea54a04d2cd-jpeg.6103

There is no connection to your phone’s contacts or calendar for addresses of people or upcoming appointments — yet...

To enter a destination there are 2 ways:
  1. Tap Navigate in the top left of the map. A keyboard comes up. Type in the name of the place of address and it will find it.
  2. Much easier — press in the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel and say “Navigate to...” and you’re done!
In either case, the navigation will route you through a supercharger if necessary!

EDIT: adding a picture to show the Navigate button.

View attachment 6103
Well Great!! Thanks for the super quick response!!!

Charlie W

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Please excuse my question if it seems obvious to everyone (but me): Can previous destinations be saved as "Favorites", to be recalled again ... without having to retype the address, or having to go thru a whole list of, say, Starbucks locations? Thanks! (Hmm. Now, where'd I put my coffee? It was just here a moment ago.)

~Charlie W

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Please excuse my question if it seems obvious to everyone (but me): Can previous destinations be saved as "Favorites", to be recalled again ... without having to retype the address, or having to go thru a whole list of, say, Starbucks locations? Thanks! (Hmm. Now, where'd I put my coffee? It was just here a moment ago.)

~Charlie W
Home, Work, Recents, Favorites!

b93020e3-c3fb-481a-b8ae-d0af4f553897-jpeg.6106

b0843aa9-aed0-439f-bfc0-32b52eb5f27b-jpeg.6107

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am up there three to four times a year. I will be curious to know how the navigation experience is on the way up.
So the bad thing is with 310 miles of range, I don’t have to stop on the way at all. I said “bad” right? My gut says the smart play is to hit the Fort Drum and/or Turkey Lake supercharger for at least 20 minutes or so each since my hotel doesn’t have charging overnight for me.

On the positive side, it’s awesome that I actually can make it to Disney without charging at all.

Now all of that said, I’m driving with a 5 year old and 2 year old so we’ll be stopping more frequently than the car needs to stop anyway :p

Daniel D.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
So the bad thing is with 310 miles of range, I don’t have to stop on the way at all. I said “bad” right? My gut says the smart play is to hit the Fort Drum and/or Turkey Lake supercharger for at least 20 minutes or so each since my hotel doesn’t have charging overnight for me.

On the positive side, it’s awesome that I actually can make it to Disney without charging at all.

Now all of that said, I’m driving with a 5 year old and 2 year old so we’ll be stopping more frequently than the car needs to stop anyway :p
Plugshare offers "sneaky" ways to charge at several Disney hotels if you happen to be staying on property.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Plugshare offers "sneaky" ways to charge at several Disney hotels if you happen to be staying on property.
I’ll be offsite at a nearby Marriott — seems Marriott is behind as far as offering charging is concerned.

Now I may charge at the parks though assuming we’re early enough to grab a spot. With 7-8 hours in the park that’s essentially overkill.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ll be offsite at a nearby Marriott — seems Marriott is behind as far as offering charging is concerned.

Now I may charge at the parks though assuming we’re early enough to grab a spot. With 7-8 hours in the park that’s essentially overkill.
Maybe not. Sometimes on Chargepoint Chargers with 2 plugs, If someone else plugs into the other half you will drop to half. When I do it Whole foods, it will drop to a 3 kw rate