Enhanced Auto Summon

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
my Model 3 is currently on 2019.8.5 version. news says the Enhanced Auto Summon should be rolling out from first week of April, so far i have not seen anything yet.

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hope it's much improved when it does come out. The beta videos look cool, but all my non Tesla friends point out (correctly) it's too slow, too short range. Just a party trick, even if it works flawlessly every time

Still pretty cool. Now if it could drop me off and go find a parking spot on it's own, that would actually be useful. Especially if the lot was full and it had to circle for a bit until a spot freed up.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Early Access program. The people that bought FSD over a year ago who haven't received anything tangible yet besides the party tricks.

Hopefully those of us will at least start setting the FSD computer retrofit
Not all. I ordered both EAP and FSD with my vehicle delivered last July. No invitation to join early access, in fact, for many release updates I was clearly a charter member of the late access program or LAPdance as we members call it. Also, nothing so far about getting a hardware upgrade either.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would be really surprised if they released the current version hopefully improvements coming like Elon said.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm so glad this update was pushed back for more optimization after seeing the beta videos. I thought the speed of engagement could create a tense situation in crowded lots where tempers & patience is short.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So you got even less. I'm starting to believe this is what is what it feels like regularly after you cut them the check

the regular release is actually much better than the current early access i have. so many new features in the regular release that early access doesn't have right now, aside from enhanced summon which is pretty much a party trick. not complaining, just stating the facts early access has its pluses and minuses

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is actually no distinct early access program. There is a large pool of owners that will be offered an occasional subset of something new. Out of thousands there may be 10 or a hundred that are offered any individual early release. I think Tesla should make this more clear especially since Elon offered the early access program as compensation for overpaying for full self driving.

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sepculating here, but I'll bet it runs much much better on HW3. No radius limitations, drives as fast as a human, obeys driving rules (stays on the correct side of lane etc).

Perhaps they are going to just skip releasing it on HW2.5, as any work in that area for FSD features is essentially throw away now that HW3.0 is out

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is actually no distinct early access program. There is a large pool of owners that will be offered an occasional subset of something new. Out of thousands there may be 10 or a hundred that are offered any individual early release. I think Tesla should make this more clear especially since Elon offered the early access program as compensation for overpaying for full self driving.
There absolutely is a distinct Tesla Early Access Program.

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Laziness is definitely not in the picture here. Tesla is overoptimistic when it comes to timelines -- reflecting its leading light, Elon ;-) That's an almost defining characteristic of the company -- most of us have grown to at least tolerate it, perhaps even love it. They are proud of what they do, they want to let you know they are working on even better stuff, b ut when asked when it will be released, they almost always err on the side of too early. Factor that in, and you should no longer have any reason to complain ;-)
Still waiting on enhanced summon. :)