Enhaced vs Full? I thought I bought Full .....

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
right. I was thinking it was $2k, but you are correct.
Thank you. I love it when a woman tells me I’m actually right. Happens so rarely I relish the temporary glory. My wife tells me that on occasion, probably about annually.

R1Fast

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah the website is messed up. I have EAP (bought it via SC at a discount in May) and trying to add FSD it says $6k and that I need to include AP (hence the price). But I already have AP. I'm just going to text the service mgr and have her add it on the backend I guess. We're on a first-name basis thx to all my delivery issues, haha.

Hugh_Jassol

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have EAP (bought it via SC at a discount in May)
Are you sure you bought EAP? does it say you have EAP on your tesla account? EAP ceased to exist on Feb 28 2019. EAP and AP are two different things.

The timeline:
  • <Oct 2018: you could get EAP for $5k and FSD for $3k
  • Oct 2018 - Feb 2019 2019: you could get EAP for $5k. FSD was removed from the order page, was available "off-menu" if you called for $3k
  • March 2019 - April 2019: EAP no longer offered. Now it was AP (just autosteer and adaptive cruise) for $3k; and you could add FSD for $5k (which had the remaining features the USED to be in EAP)
  • April 2019 - now: AP is included in every car, and you can purchase FSD for $5k

r-e-l

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
well, here is a blast from the past that is painful in many ways … like its only 6 weeks away (that was from October 2018). The fact that the feature was supposed to work on all cars not FSD. It was at the time where i don't even think they sold FSD so if you bought a car back then, when the promises were made … you would have thought your car will have those capabilities...

1566352526770-png.28559

and BTW, do delay a release by 6-8 weeks after thinking it release is immenite tells you something about the culture at Tesla. This might not be Elon who as usual lives in his time zone, I think his staff simply doesn't dare telling him the trouth till the ver last moment because they are afraid of him.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The fact that the feature was supposed to work on all cars not FSD. It was at the time where i don't even think they sold FSD so if you bought a car back then, when the promises were made … you would have thought your car will have those capabilities...
I think it was made very clear last year that Summon was an EAP feature, and it wasn't an included feature on all cars. You didn't need to order FSD at that time to get Summon. Newer cars require FSD to get Summon because EAP isn't sold anymore.

Elon was just saying that all cars built in the last two years were capable of Summon, not that it was an included feature. Now with his ~6 week estimate, he should have just said it will be ready in December... (without specifying the year!)

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
you are upset about the price not increasing for another 4-8 weeks? were you planning on selling your car in that amount of time?
That money could be better put to use in my savings account than into Elon's war chest.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
That money could be better put to use in my savings account than into Elon's war chest.
Re-read Elon’s “Mission Statement”.....then read it again. This is what your contributing to. And THANK YOU for contributing. I bought the ‘Full Monty’ a year ago Sept. you don’t hear me complaining. It’s all good.;)

Ski

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you sure you bought EAP? does it say you have EAP on your tesla account? EAP ceased to exist on Feb 28 2019. EAP and AP are two different things.

The timeline:
  • <Oct 2018: you could get EAP for $5k and FSD for $3k
  • Oct 2018 - Feb 2019 2019: you could get EAP for $5k. FSD was removed from the order page, was available "off-menu" if you called for $3k
  • March 2019 - April 2019: EAP no longer offered. Now it was AP (just autosteer and adaptive cruise) for $3k; and you could add FSD for $5k (which had the remaining features the USED to be in EAP)
  • April 2019 - now: AP is included in every car, and you can purchase FSD for $5k
I'll just add to this another set of options and that was IF you already took delivery BEFORE the end of Feb 2019.
  • If you had FSD you got "Early Beta Tester Access" (aka Nothing ;))
  • If you had EAP you could upgrade to FSD for $2k.
  • If you had neither you could get AP for $2k and FSD for and additional $3k. I got my AP at this time for $2k + tax :cool:
@Troy had a flow chart going around at the time that was very useful...the AFTER Feb order info is now outdated, but it's still good for the historical pricing.

eap-fsd-updates-2019-jpg.28561

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Re-read Elon’s “Mission Statement”.....then read it again. This is what your contributing to. And THANK YOU for contributing. I bought the ‘Full Monty’ a year ago Sept. you don’t hear me complaining. It’s all good.;)

Ski
I get that but it still doesnt account for the dishonesty.

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You better start saving for the underbody rust protection he's going to sell you next.
Right! luckily there are no more options for me to buy, unless in the future they come out with an FSD+ or some scheme like that. lol

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I get that but it still doesnt account for the dishonesty.
I get what you are saying, but do you see it as dishonest when a retailer says "sale ends Saturday" and then they extend the sale or come out with a new sale the very next week? Sometimes these tactics can be a bit manipulative to get you to pull the trigger, but often the seller is simply pricing based upon market demand.

Should I be upset with Tesla's dishonesty because I bought FSD with my car and they let you buy FSD for the same $3k last week when they said at time of car purchase that it would cost you $5k to add it later?

I don't think it's worth worrying about what others can buy at a later date. I just look at whether the purchase made sense at the time I made the decision, and hope that I get that value over the life of my car.

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I get what you are saying, but do you see it as dishonest when a retailer says "sale ends Saturday" and then they extend the sale or come out with a new sale the very next week? Sometimes these tactics can be a bit manipulative to get you to pull the trigger, but often the seller is simply pricing based upon market demand.

Should I be upset with Tesla's dishonesty because I bought FSD with my car and they let you buy FSD for the same $3k last week when they said at time of car purchase that it would cost you $5k to add it later?

I don't think it's worth worrying about what others can buy at a later date. I just look at whether the purchase made sense at the time I made the decision, and hope that I get that value over the life of my car.
Manipulative, dishonest... what ever word you want to use its all the same. I have a hard time thinking any of this is based on "market demand".
You have every right to be upset, but just because you aren't doesn't mean anybody else shouldn't be. We are human after all.

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They why buy it at all? After all you're pre-purchasing features that aren't even active yet...
Maybe because I fell for the guise that these features are coming soon, and the price was increasing, through official email, and Elon Musk tweeting it. Sometimes you have to learn lessons the hard way...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
please keep in mind, one of our community rules here is not to use this site as a place to rant and grandstand. I think that is what facebook, reddit and twitter are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.