Emergency lights in my model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Protect1989

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a volunteer position that allows me to utilize emergency lights in my model 3. Currently I have a very simple setup with just a single light in the front and one in the rear. They run on 12v cigarette power. It’s a very basic setup.

Has anyone else installed or seen emergency lights in a model 3? I’m looking for a way to increase my visibility while also not doing major damage to the vehicle (install wise).

Thanks!
663d03f0-be55-4dab-a2b6-03c9b44c0e9f-jpeg.27064

Protect1989

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Cool :)

Short of the higher-up visor mounted options I think you have the most un-invasive setup.
I’ve actually looked into a visor setup however the visor mounting brackets on the 3 are extremely small so I’m not quite sure it’ll work. I have to do more research on it.

I’ll post a video if I remember

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't know how they would work, but we've got a guy in NTTOG that drives an X and has several light strips installed. The X has a lot more windshield and head room, but he might have some idea's or a particular setup that would translate to the 3. Don't recall his name - will look for him and send you a message.

Protect1989

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't know how they would work, but we've got a guy in NTTOG that drives an X and has several light strips installed. The X has a lot more windshield and head room, but he might have some idea's or a particular setup that would translate to the 3. Don't recall his name - will look for him and send you a message.
I actually spoke with him at the last meetup event in Southlake and took a look at his set up. His is a great look but a little more permanent and damaging in the installation. He wouldn’t be a bald person to connect with again and bounce some ideas off of

I’m trying to do the least damaging set up to my vehicle as possible. Avoiding drilling holes or using strong adhesives on the windshield. They make visor lights that use the existing sunvisor mounts (essentially you loosen them and slide the mounting bracket under, then tighten). However the 3 has very small sunvisor mounts so not sure if it’ll work