Elon's sense of humour ;)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In US too ????
I thought it was only on sketchy (a.k.a. korrupt) countries...like the one I live in...
:mad:
oh absolutely. Not to get political, but Obamacare was over 1000 pages. We have a ton of special interest groups that work to influence politicians.

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
And the joke about Mars Bars? :confused:
There are certain... 'biological imperatives' that are observed when setting up camp in military operations. You always need to set up: 1) a latrine; 2) a still; and 3) a whorehouse. Not necessarily in that order. Better to accept this reality of the human condition, rather than ignore it.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
There are certain... 'biological imperatives' that are observed when setting up camp in military operations. You always need to set up: 1) a latrine; 2) a still; and 3) a whorehouse. Not necessarily in that order. Better to accept this reality of the human condition, rather than ignore it.

Women are not objects, you are not a dumb beast who "can't help himself" concerning sex, you can't use that as an excuse for your behavior, and the sooner we can all accept these facts, the better it is for everyone.

And do we really need to go into the "but it's historically been normal to..." argument? You know what used to be "normal in military operations"? Pillaging, slavery, and genocide. Do we consider that acceptable today, because it's supposedly some "reality of the human condition"?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@Red Sage, I think @KarenRei has a strong point here, which I trust you'll acknowledge, though I imagine your post was an attempt at 'Red Sage humor'... in this thread dedicated to Elon's humor... ;)

May I respectfully submit that, were you both intending to pursue this exchange beyond that welcome admission on your part, Red, that you do this in PM...? Thanks a bunch! :)

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country

Women are not objects, you are not a dumb beast who "can't help himself" concerning sex, you can't use that as an excuse for your behavior, and the sooner we can all accept these facts, the better it is for everyone.

And do we really need to go into the "but it's historically been normal to..." argument? You know what used to be "normal in military operations"? Pillaging, slavery, and genocide. Do we consider that acceptable today, because it's supposedly some "reality of the human condition"?
No. I am not personally, a 'stupid beast'. There are plenty of people who are though. They give in. They give up. They don't try to find another way. They choose the path of least resistance. The one that allows them to exercise the fewest of their brain cells.

I do not drink alcohol. I do not smoke. I do not use drugs. I am able to control... myself. I am NOT able to control... others. Such is a limitation of circumstance. Trust that you do NOT want ME in charge.

Some people really can't control themselves. Some people are just plain stupid. Some people who are 'in charge' are figureheads defending the status quo. Too many people choose to defend everything from hazing to rape out of a sense of 'tradition'. I don't give a flaming fig about tradition. I am not a member of 'The Old Boys Club'.

There will be bars on Mars. I wouldn't patronize them, just as I stay away from bars on Earth. There will probably also be drug dealers on Mars. They won't get my money here, or there. There will be whorehouses on Mars. Guess what? They will service both men and women, just as they do on Earth. And not strictly heterosexual unions either.

I'm all for Feminism, at least the parts that make sense. It is similar to my feelings about labor unions. Each have worked to make the world a better place. Both movements have since been hijacked by crackpots who refuse to accept victory.

Are patriarchal societies stupid? Sure. So are matriarchal societies. Or oligarchies. Or feudal societies. None of them are perfect. None of them are preferred. All of them will eventually introduce rules, regulations, and laws that are discriminatory for reasons that are 'justified' for one reason or another ranging from 'for the children' to 'for the sake of patriotism'. All of them, lies. Every time.

You are welcome to your opinions. You don't have to accept mine, I don't have to accept yours. But yes, I believe that just like urination and bowel movements having sexual intercourse is an unfortunate biological imperative of the human condition. Not all intercourse equates to invasion, not all copulation is tantamount to domination. That presumption of fundamental raping intent is just as convicting of feminist doctrine as deciding 'men can't control themselves' or claiming that 'she deserved it' is of patriarchal motivation. Both extremes both put me off.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I just love those semi French expressions used the English langue!! :p
Excusez-moi, but you find this unexpected? Au contraire, using French terms in English has long been à propos. French was considered chic among the nouveau riche. The seeping of French into English became a fait accompli, and, voilà! French terms became a motif in English.

This is not a critique of your post. :) Didn't we already discuss this at one point... I'm getting déjà vu. ;) Maybe this is a gaffe on my part; linguistics isn't my forte.

Last edited:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Now let's try the above post with terms brought from Icelandic to English! Um.... so.... some sort of saga about geysers...?... Um, can we talk about geology using scientific terminology, because that would make this a lot easier; I could write about jökulhlaup adding sediment to a sandur, or whatnot ;)