Elon's failures and missing deadlines...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am neither defending or attacking elon. I'm attacking your statement that Tesla failed to deliver FSD.

They are still developing it. Yes, it's late, but they are continuing to work on it. What part of that are you either not understanding or disagreeing with?

kort677

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am neither defending or attacking elon. I'm attacking your statement that Tesla failed to deliver FSD.

They are still developing it. Yes, it's late, but they are continuing to work on it. What part of that are you either not understanding or disagreeing with?
sure the technology will evolve however elon's promise was feckless and clearly unattainable in a reasonable time frame.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
sure the technology will evolve however elon's promise was feckless and clearly unattainable in a reasonable time frame.
So... are you admitting that he hasn't actually failed to deliver FSD yet then?

kort677

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
what is a reasonable timeline on something that has never been done before?
soon after making a promise that it is coming? we're on three years since his initial promises. the point is if it isn't ready and you promise that it will be ready SOON, then it better really be ready soon. FSD is still many years away.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
soon after making a promise that it is coming? we're on three years since his initial promises. the point is if it isn't ready and you promise that it will be ready SOON, then it better really be ready soon. FSD is still many years away.
I don't understand this logic.

Do you therefore state that Tesla failed to deliver the Model X because it was two years late?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to clarify, kort677 didn't start this thread. It was created from a tangential series of posts in another thread, so that this discussion could play out without derailing the original thread.
Thank you @Bokonon, that certainly adds a different spin. Apologies to kort for assuming you started this thread.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to clarify, kort677 didn't start this thread. It was created from a tangential series of posts in another thread, so that this discussion could play out without derailing the original thread.
Certain posters seem to love to argumentatively derail thread after thread.

kort677

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't understand this logic.

Do you therefore state that Tesla failed to deliver the Model X because it was two years late?
are you really trying to compare the building of a car to the implementation of a new aphormorous technology? when he announced the X it was ready for production, as production began there were many issues that cropped up that delayed the production of the X. when he announced that the model s would be capable of self driving across the US the technology necessary did not exist.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
are you really trying to compare the building of a car to the implementation of a new aphormorous technology?
I'm showing two things that were completed much later than the stated deadline. I don't understand why you keep trying to twist my words around to some other meaning and avoid answering my questions. I'm trying to understand what causes you to say something is a "failure" vs something is just "late".

Tesla said the X was going to begin deliveries in early 2014.
When early 2015 arrived and there was still no Model X, do you consider that as Tesla having failed to create a Model X?
If Tesla continues to work on FSD, why do you describe it as a failure rather than them being very, very late in its development?
Is it simply because you predict failure because you believe it is impossible for them to develop FSD?

Seriously, I'm trying to understand your position on this.