Elon Musk replied to me on Twitter re: Ridiculous Speed for P3D

JMON

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm still in shock over Elon himself replying to me (again) on Twitter. I never thought lightning would strike twice in a lifetime.

I've been petitioning him for a Ridiculous Speed Mode for the Performance Model 3 for a long time now. I guess I finally wore him down :D

Attachments

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No need to add screenshots of tweets, you can link directly to them and they show up here (so others have ready access to it)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately not possible, P3D's have a different, higher-capacity Silicon Carbide inverter that's necessary to handle the bigger current draws for the additional power.
Are you basing that on this tweet?
I read the tweet differently. It sounds like the hardware is identical in AWD & Performance (including the silicon carbide inverters), and the only difference is the lot sorting.

Additionally:

mrau

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think Elon meant ludicrous is as fast as possible.......however “plaid” is beyond being ludicrous in the fashion world.

Guess he won’t be wearing plaid shirts anytime soon. :)

D66882B7-8612-4907-8019-5994DD9C5BEC.jpeg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pretty sure the launch mode on the new Roadster will be “plaid” which I think means M3P will prob just continue to have “Track Mode” as its perk. I rather like that it’ll do 3.2s 0-60 every time I hit the peddle regardless of an option engaged.

AutopilotFan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Plaid is what happens when you go to Ludicrous Speed, as you can see in the clip @Foxtrotter posted.

As I tell my passengers, this car doesn't have Ludicrous Speed so I can't go to Plaid. Now you know how nerdy my passengers tend to be.