Elon Musk Q&A at SXSW - Live 3/11/2018 12:30pm CT

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

TL;DW -- Nothing new or juicy here with respect to Tesla in particular, other than Elon briefly mentioning that the two things that keep him awake at night are AI and ramping Model 3 production. (So, in his mind, Model 3 production-hell is on par with an existential threat to humanity?! :eek:) But as a broad, thoughtful discussion of space exploration, AI, entrepreneurship, and the future of our species, I found it both enjoyable and insightful.

SPOILER ALERT -- Yes, there's a singalong at the end. :)

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I always enjoy hearing Elon speak but for the Tesla/Elon superfan (i.e. everyone on this board), he didn't really say anything he hasn't said before -- especially with regard to Tesla.
my takeaway was essentially the same... maybe picked up on a little regret that he even got involved in an electric car company

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Thought I’d give our friend @Bokonon a hand with fresh links out of YouTube:

1. Full version: (1 hr 9’...)

2. Abbreviated version (~ 13’) - Space X only

Last edited:

Grashelm

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
my takeaway was essentially the same... maybe picked up on a little regret that he even got involved in an electric car company
Haven't listened yet but curious in what manner he expressed regret with regard to being involved with an electric car company? If true, this would be kind of a letdown for those who have bought into his vision...at least as it relates specifically to Tesla (automotive).

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Haven't listened yet but curious in what manner he expressed regret with regard to being involved with an electric car company? If true, this would be kind of a letdown for those who have bought into his vision...at least as it relates specifically to Tesla (automotive).
IMHO, this was classic Elon’s dry humor in the way he presents things. Does he ‘regret’? Dunno... For sure, he highlighted that it was (is..?) not ‘a walk in the park’... ;) And I don’t think any of us thinks that it is... :D

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
essentially multiple iterations of multiple years worth of the absolute worst time of his life. (and that all was before the falcon wing doors!)