Elon asking for suggestions to improve their vehicles

AmpHog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you taunting me LOL....? They sold out in 0.1 milliseconds. I would have traded a kidney to be one of the 3 fictional successful buyers
I have to use a web page monitor to keep up with availability on that site, some things go so quickly. 😏

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you taunting me LOL....? They sold out in 0.1 milliseconds. I would have traded a kidney to be one of the 3 fictional successful buyers
I'm sure it will be for sale on eBay soon at a huge mark up and then back in stock on shop.tesla.com moments later.

Wooloomooloo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was pretty surprised very few people wanted the infotainment system to be improved - my reply to the tweet was exactly this. It's pretty awful right now, the slightest weakening of the signal results in stuttering music or podcasts, Tune-In really isn't a great service and I'd love to be able to control things from my phone via the big screen or voice (ApplePlay anyone) like you can in cars costing $50k less.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm sure it will be for sale on eBay soon at a huge mark up and then back in stock on shop.tesla.com moments later.
You are sooo right. Like when they came out with the surfboard, I had to have it...3k on ebay (merry Christmas to me...but now its too expensive to ride and will be a wall decoration). At least they won't be making more of the surfboards. I have actually been checking ebay for racks. I haven't seen any so I suspect Tesla posted the racks in error or to personally torture me LOL.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would really like a "turn off headlights in Park" option.

I frequently drive to pick up my wife (she lucked out that I volunteer to drive her more often everywhere even though she has a car :), and the problem is when parked to wait for her, the headlights stay on. That can be annoying at night when the lights are shining into pedestrians' eyes.

The only way to turn them off is to go into the menu and turn auto lights to "off"
Then, when ready to leave and switching stalk into drive the lights remain off if you forgot to go into the menu again and switch back to "auto lights"

Simple solution... option to have headlights turn off when in park, and a setting that ensures that when going into drive or reverse the headlights come on if for some reason you forgot to turn them on.

(Another feature could be to quickly turn off headlights by holding down the Light icon above the speedometer to turn them off instantly without going into the menu)
I find that if you put it in park, open and close the door quickly, and lift your butt off and sit back down on the chair, the car will turn off, but the screen remains on. It thinks you left the car but still in close proximity thus keeping the screen on. Works perfectly when I'm waiting for someone at night. And when your ready to go, tap on the brakes then everything works like how you first enter the car.

groovetesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh god, where to even start?

How about delivering the car in pristine condition, instead of dirty and with streaks, nicks and scratches?
Be 100% up front and crystal clear about all taxes and fees at the BEGINNING of the buying process (instead of swerving us at the very end).
Give us the ability to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the screen and remove Slacker Radio alltogether, it's useless.
Better sound system.
Turn by Turn Navigation.
Better accessories.
Matching lugnuts.
USB 3.0 ports.
Actual, useful tint or no tint at all.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh god, where to even start?

How about delivering the car in pristine condition, instead of dirty and with streaks, nicks and scratches?
Be 100% up front and crystal clear about all taxes and fees at the BEGINNING of the buying process (instead of swerving us at the very end).
Give us the ability to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the screen and remove Slacker Radio alltogether, it's useless.
Better sound system.
Turn by Turn Navigation.
Better accessories.
Matching lugnuts.
USB 3.0 ports.
Actual, useful tint or no tint at all.
You identify 9 items in this list. I completely agree with your first item. There is no excuse for delivery of dirty cars. Item 2-I don't have my delivery docs handy, but I don't recall any Tesla imposed taxes or fees(other than the well documented delivery fee). Do others dealers detail all taxes, etc. in their advertising? I'm not sure. Item 3-keyboard ability might be useful, but only while stationary. Slacker is far from useless, I enjoy it. Item 4-This car has the best factory system I've ever heard. Item 5-my car does this. Item 6-specify which accessories in order to make your suggestion useful. Item 7&8-no opinion. Item 9- Don't know what tint factory uses, and I would prefer a little bit darker, but the real question is what level of tinting would satisfy the most purchasers?

groovetesla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1) It was definitely a disappointment that the car showed up with scratches and dirt. Nothing my detailer can't fix when he wraps the car. Just seems a bit silly.
2) I'm speaking mainly of the purchase process. I had no idea that there was a "delivery fee" of nearly $1200 until the very end of my process. I don't care what other dealers do, they should be clear up front.
3) Bluetooth keyboard would be very helpful for me and I'm fine with only being allowed to connect while the car is in park.
4) I should have clarified that slacker is useless *for me*. I will never use it. We should have the option to remove it entirely.
5) Sound system is decent for stock via USB, nothing that amazing and it sounds like absolute crap when streaming.

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure if this is going to go anywhere, but here goes

1. On the UI, things like the fan icon for the HVAC, or the HD Radio icon.. (and probably several other similar icons) are kind of hard to tell if they're on or off because "off" is a shade of grey and "on" is just a slightly darker shade of grey. If they could make the "on" and "off" shades more distinct from each other, or better yet, make the icon a different color when "on" (like the defrost icons), that would be awesome.
  2. I'm also irritated that the headlights turn on right away upon unlocking the car when it's dark. It would be better if only the parking lights turned on in this case or just make it an option in the settings. EDIT: and what makes it worse is, they turn off when you close the door! Then turn right back on again when you step on the brake to turn on the car!!!!

Last edited:

Canuck42

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I find that if you put it in park, open and close the door quickly, and lift your butt off and sit back down on the chair, the car will turn off, but the screen remains on. It thinks you left the car but still in close proximity thus keeping the screen on. Works perfectly when I'm waiting for someone at night. And when your ready to go, tap on the brakes then everything works like how you first enter the car.
I found if you pop open the charge door, everything goes black, then just close it :)

I just want the app to have the ability to re-start the charging cycle, after losing so much overnight in the cold (-25c windchill today) .......Yes, turning the heat on works, but you need to remember to turn it back off lol ;)

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that kidney still available? I will make you a custom rack to suit your needs.

Just askin'.

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that kidney still available? I will make you a custom rack to suit your needs.

Just askin'.
thanks but I was one of the lucky ones that got the rack on the second go round when it was available for about an hour.. It is on my car (also put a hitch on) and I love it..and the surgical incision has almost healed.

Attachments

Country
Country

John A Bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country