Electric lawnmowers

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ended up purchasing a Kobalt 19-inch 40 V push mower and trimmer. I have a 2.0 Ah and 4.0 Ah battery. I put the 2.0 Ah battery in the mower, as it finished charging first, and it died right as I finished the lawn.
So you've got enough juice to mow your's and both neighbors?

• Funny
Reactions: GDN

jsmay311

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
I’m a bit surprised not to see any mention of the Toro 60V mower on this thread. I recently bought an Ego, but the Toro was a close runner-up. One of the main reasons I shied away from the Toro was that it doesn’t have single-lever height adjustment.

I upgraded from a 10-year-old Black & Decker 36V (SPCM1936) to the latest top-of-the-line Ego mower (LM2156SP). It’s pretty nice, but it’s not as big of an improvement as I was expecting based on some of the glowing reviews. It’s lighter and wider, but the cut quality seems comparable to my old B&D.

Reactions: SalisburySam

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
california just jacked up the price of that ego/worx/ryobi/stihl

• Winner
Reactions: iChris93

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
neighbour has his gardeners do the lawn at 9:30 every Sat morning: mowers, trimmers, edgers, blowers. real noisy. I now do the vacuuming at that time to minimize the noise I have to live with.

City trimmers ride their mowers down the path with a gas blower full throttle to clear off paths after trimming/cutting the grass on either side. Innovative, but loud.

Reactions: iChris93

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I bought one of these this summer. Should have done it sooner
FB27136D-7D68-4307-936C-15F5BA656CA7.jpeg

Nom

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My front yard took 5 4AH 40V batteries until I moved up to the Ryobi 54 inch 0 turn. I now get about 3 acres per charge, but the yard is slightly larger.
You mow over 3 acres? Wow. Good exercise! … ok, hold. Just looked up that mower. It is a ride on. Looks really cool!

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You mow over 3 acres? Wow. Good exercise! … ok, hold. Just looked up that mower. It is a ride on. Looks really cool!
At the last house, it took 2 Ryobi 4Ah batteries, one for the front, one for the back for the 22 inch self-propelled mower.
At the new house, we were cycling 3 batteries off of the rapid charger to get just the (I didn't think that it was that much bigger) front yard cut. That told me that I needed a bigger mower.
The Ryobi can cut the largest area of all of the mowers that I've seen. It's rated at over 3 acres. But I'm pretty sure that it gets that only when you are at full speed (7 mph) for the entire time.
The front yard is nice and flat and now takes less than 10 minutes to cut. Going 7 mph and getting 3 push mower widths at once is a huge increase. But then I've got 4 other areas, each much larger than the front to cut. I can't make it through the entire yard at once, but some of the areas are okay with being cut every other time (pasture type land that we are trying to tame).

It became evident to me that with mowers, it's not the speed that you cut, it's the amount of time that you cut. If you are taking a leisurely stroll, you won't be able to get anywhere the amount as if you are booking it. It's the lawnmower blades that take the energy and once they are started, the gauge starts dropping. The Ryobi 0 turn have 2 speeds for the blades than that helps significantly.

• Informative
Reactions: garsh

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've had two years with my eGO and while its handled everything brilliantly, I noticed mid to late this summer the low battery indicator would come on towards the end of the mow (never lit up once last year). A bit dis-heartening as it would mean in another year or two a single charge wouldn't be enough for my yard. More-so when the battery is $350+.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've had two years with my eGO and while its handled everything brilliantly, I noticed mid to late this summer the low battery indicator would come on towards the end of the mow (never lit up once last year). A bit dis-heartening as it would mean in another year or two a single charge wouldn't be enough for my yard. More-so when the battery is $350+.

I think that it just means that you are getting older and slower. Walk faster and it won't come on;)