Country

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, I sold my old lawn mower years ago when we went xeriscape. I was a happy camper that day! :D No more mowing...But I do have an electric weed eater that I occasionally use.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well, I sold my old lawn mower years ago when we went xeriscape. I was a happy camper that day! :D No more mowing...But I do have an electric weed eater that I occasionally use.
Well... I have gone full electric with Green Dragon for the (large) backyard as you know...
34d6f28f-7660-4373-be1c-d7f518b6ccf6-jpeg.9765

My next step like you, @Quicksilver , is to get a nice electric weedwacker ...

The old gas powered mulching lawnmower will have to do for the front lawn for now... Lots of other expenses in the new house have priority (as do my FC04s, @Mad Hungarian ! ;))

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up a Worx dual 56V mower last year for just $250...and regret not switching earlier. It's so much easier to use, so much lighter, much less sweat pushing it around my bumpy yard. And it folds up and stores vertically. These make sense for all but the largest of yards.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I’ve been looking for a reasonable lawn tractor. We have about an acre in the back hard plus half/acre in front, so a bit too much for a push mower.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Got an Ego mower last fall when it was too late to fully try out its grass cutting skills. Have been so happy with it this spring. Just like an electric car, I’m astounded at how it is actually better than an ICE! So quiet and not nearly as heavy, so it doesn’t leave as strong of prints in the grass. Attached picture of it hitting the spring growth with no problem.
5e5b9dc3-e89c-4b85-90eb-af0ad7bbe18f-jpeg.25022

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got an Ego mower last fall when it was too late to fully try out its grass cutting skills. Have been so happy with it this spring. Just like an electric car, I’m astounded at how it is actually better than an ICE! So quiet and not nearly as heavy, so it doesn’t leave as strong of prints in the grass. Attached picture of it hitting the spring growth with no problem.
View attachment 25022
Yep, I have been using an EGO mower for 3 years, also have been using an EGO leaf blower for the same amount of time, minimal battery degradation over 3 years and countless charge cycles, I have not had any issues whatsoever. Also, you can use the same battery packs on all their tools they come as small as 2 Ah and has large as 7.5 Ah so you can manage range (time) based on the your needs, size of your yard, frequency between charging etc. that's brilliant! I think they make the very best electric garden tools.

dfw

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
56V? Is that all? Come on guys! I have the 80V Kobalt line of tools. Lawnmower, blower, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, 18" chainsaw...
Nearly the same as Greenworks. I can mow my entire yard using one battery. Charges in about 30 min.
That's what I went with, too.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country