Electrek.co commenting about M3OC

Did anyone else see this in the electrek.co comments the other day? Why is Fred dissing our good friend Trev?

https://electrek.co/2017/08/02/tesla-model-3-charging-options/#disqus_thread

cronin 2 days ago
Is it really 40A though?... I know it says that in the press kit, but everything previously said 48A
  • Share ›

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yikes...

Sounds like sour grapes over how frequently @TrevP breaks accurate news.

Remember "bundling" and the inventory approach. He had that very early! I doubted him and then promptly inserted my foot in my mouth :)

No more doubts after that.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm shocked to see something like that come out of Fred's keyboard. Shame on him. I love Electrek but @TrevP has been by far the most dedicated and reliable source for model 3 news and info.
Note the comment is now deleted.

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
I'm shocked to see something like that come out of Fred's keyboard. Shame on him...............
Note the comment is now deleted.
Elektrek, like just about every other news source, is usually reliable and on-topic but sometimes they can be "in-artful" in their language. I am neither condemning Fred or commending him. He just blew it on his choice of words in this instance. I think he realizes that now and has deleted the offending passage voluntarily. Sometimes, I edit my own posts voluntarily because what I said may be misconstrued or might be considered offensive by some. I hope all of us can learn from our mistakes. Time to move on.

Uricasha

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Well he does often make educated guesses based off historical Tesla actions or uses sources that might get third-hand information. I'm grateful for the site he created but I usually take the speculation with a grain of salt.