eBay model 3 listing ( car not spot in line)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I saw this listing tonight while checking Tesla’s on eBay. Configured price shows $56,500 and first bid is $62,900. Curious what the next 12 hours will bring.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263373112369
I’m guessing $62,900 is essentially their out the door price after tax, delivery, tag, title, and fees. They won’t qualify for the credit, so that really begs the question — how much of a premium is someone willing to pay to get something a little early? A massive premium and you’re already in Model S territory.

EDIT: no reason to guess as it’s in the description. The auction is for the car’s base price before taxes and fees. Once final figures come through buyer is responsible for that. A fairy complex transaction. Also curious how Tesla will handle. I don’t see them putting the second hand owner’s information on the documents as they had a goal to combat speculation and that’s all this is.

Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with being speculative; but I suspect Tesla will sell to this individual and title the car and then they’ll have to resell it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Ip Man

Country
Country
totally makes sense since there isn't a tax credit anymore. Sell it if you can make money and wait longer and get a better car for yourself.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
how much of a premium is someone willing to pay to get something a little early? A massive premium and you’re already in Model S territory.

I'd pay an extra $2500 to take delivery by end of 2017, but it'd have to be direct through Tesla, no BS with paying some scalping scumbag.

pcdubbya

Country
Country
Sounds like it is somewhat direct through Tesla...Not sure how though, but it says you'll get tax credit (if any) and drive it off the lot.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sounds like it is somewhat direct through Tesla...Not sure how though, but it says you'll get tax credit (if any) and drive it off the lot.
That's the curious part indeed. Tesla doesn't allow for the reservations to be transferred (at least not outside "the family"), so I don't see them processing a transaction where the car is sold for a profit and the person taking possession is not the person that ordered.

Like I said tricky transaction here...

I suspect for this to happen -- the seller has to take possession of the car and resell it thereby eliminating the federal tax credit potential for both parties. Still a win-win I suppose, this person profits and the new owner got the car sooner (especially if the credit ends up going away and they wouldn't otherwise get it).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country